Speculation: Which is most likely

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Hi guys, just wanted to ask everyone here and see what the general consensus is,

Which of the following three scenarios do you see most likely?

1. Fiala becomes first line winger

2. Kamenev becomes second line stud centre

3. Saros becomes all star goalie for us

These are obviously our top three close to nhl ready prospects and all could/will hopefully fill all very important needs for us. Just wanted to see the general consensus amongst fans.

Cheers,

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I believe that all three will happen, in this order: 2, 1 then 3.

It may take a few seasons for these to happen.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
You really think fiala will be a first line winger though and not just a top six guy? So far he is reminding me of legwand a little where he shows flashes of brilliance but then sometimes he's invincible out there.
I really hope kamenev gets some call ups this year.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He just turned 20.
I guess they can't all be a mcdavid lol.
I was talking more about Milwaukee guess I should have been clearer. Some games he's bang on and others not so much. I just have very high hopes of him, hoping he does the best he can in the nhl.

I think there is a chance Arvidsson could become the top line winger we need as well. Is Arvidsson exposed at expansion draft???

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Fiala was never invisible in Milwaukee. His problem at the beginning of last season was trying to prove he belonged in Nashville so he would try to stick handle around 3 or 4 defenders instead of making the smart play and either dumping it deep or making a simple pass to an open player.

I don't know if he figured it out himself or the coaching staff told him that's not the way he was going to make it to Nashville, he stopped and became one of if not the best player on the team.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Of the three, I think 3 is likely to happen first. Dunno enough about Kamanev to have an opinion on his ceiling, and I am not ready to shut the door on Fiala's potential peak.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I guess they can't all be a mcdavid lol.
I was talking more about Milwaukee guess I should have been clearer. Some games he's bang on and others not so much. I just have very high hopes of him, hoping he does the best he can in the nhl.

I think there is a chance Arvidsson could become the top line winger we need as well. Is Arvidsson exposed at expansion draft???

Looks like he is as his ELC will be up next summer.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Of the three, I think 3 is likely to happen first. Dunno enough about Kamanev to have an opinion on his ceiling, and I am not ready to shut the door on Fiala's potential peak.

Yeah I must admit I'm drooling over Saros, can't wait for him to be full time and give us a chance at a cup. But I'm interested that you said it would happen first considering Pekka has three years left on contract, maybe Pekka loses job sooner than expected??

Also, preds33,
We have to protect arvy too? So does this mean we leave smith and Wilson both exposed??

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Yeah I must admit I'm drooling over Saros, can't wait for him to be full time and give us a chance at a cup. But I'm interested that you said it would happen first considering Pekka has three years left on contract, maybe Pekka loses job sooner than expected??

Also, preds33,
We have to protect arvy too? So does this mean we leave smith and Wilson both exposed??

I think we see a changing of the guard prior to Rinnes contract being up. Maybe we expose Maz to the expansion and bring Saros up and transition next year? Who knows but I don't see Rinne being the starter in 2018.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad