Which, if any, of these players would you trade Reinhart for?

Which, if any, of these players would you trade Reinhart for?

• Total voters

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Sweet, another thread to crap on Reinhart.

Go the the general hockey discussion board and see the thread stokes put up on Reinhart. Overwhelmingly, fans of others teams do not see him as a bust. We're five games in, watch every shift, and have posters with agendas.

The population of over-reaction-ville is exploding like a rabbit family.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016

Go the the general hockey discussion board and see the thread stokes put up on Reinhart. Overwhelmingly, fans of others teams do not see him as a bust. We're five games in, watch every shift, and have posters with agendas.

wtf - stokes' thread is predicated on whether Reinhart is a BUST or not, this poll is asking whether Reinhart is worth trading for any of a group of young promising dmen. NOTHING about this thread is crapping on Reinhart.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
wtf - stokes' thread is predicated on whether Reinhart is a BUST or not, this poll is asking whether Reinhart is worth trading for any of a group of young promising dmen. NOTHING about this thread is crapping on Reinhart.
You put Nate Schmidt on the damn poll...

Reactions: sincerity0

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Apologize. I mixed up the "Reinhart is a bust" agenda with the "trade Reinhart for a defenseman" agenda. I'll do my best to keep it straight in the future.

Reactions: GameMisconduct

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Would want to trade him for a legit center so that ROR could be freed up to go to wing.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I don't watch the other teams enough to judge this, but even if we trade Reinhart for D, who is going to play in the top 9? Our top 9 looks bad with Reinhart on it, let alone without him. I think if we are making a trade it has to be with multiple parts involved so we can get some top 9 forwards and some defense too. No one is excluded from the trade except Jack and Casey and probably 2018 1st. Everything else could be included in the package somehow to switch things up. Simply doing Reinahrt for D does nothing as we will still suck big time.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

"Posters with agendas" is another way of saying we have crappy players on a crappy team, and not everyone is homer.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
"Posters with agendas" is another way of saying we have crappy players on a crappy team, and not everyone is homer.

Waiting for your threads on "Is Ristolainen a bust?" "Is ROR overrated?" and "Was the Okposo signing a mistake?"

You've got a clear Reinhart agenda. Just like you had with Marty St. Lou....err... Tyler Ennis.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Waiting for your threads on "Is Ristolainen a bust?" "Is ROR overrated?" and "Was the Okposo signing a mistake?"

You've got a clear Reinhart agenda. Just like you had with Marty St. Lou....err... Tyler Ennis.

What has Reinhart done to be compared to those players? Maybe the Okposo signing was a mistake, but he was supposed to be here to compliment the guys we tanked for, namely Reinhart and Eichel. And while Eichel is living up to what we did this for, the other guy isn't.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
What has Reinhart done to be compared to those players? Maybe the Okposo signing was a mistake, but he was supposed to be here to compliment the guys we tanked for, namely Reinhart and Eichel. And while Eichel is living up to what we did this for, the other guy isn't.

It's not a comparison between those players. Most of the roster is playing like crap. Yet you single out your whipping boy......

Reactions: is the answer jesus

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Reinhart is a NHLer but he hasn’t shown he is a difference maker, how many 50-60 point players are there in the NHL? To think he is going to wake up one morning and be more creative, bigger, stronger, smarter, faster, etc. Is unreasonable. The point of this questionnaire is to trade for a need.

The only issue is that any Young D with upside is more valuable, to an organization, then Reinhart.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
You can't be so obtuse to not recognize Reinhart's importance to the rebuild relative to other players.

Of course I do. He's part of the center spine the team needs.

But I also recognize that 2/3 of that spine aren't producing points. After 5 games. And the majority of the rest of the team is playing poorly in a new system.

You've got little patience for those players you do not like.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Reinhart is a NHLer but he hasn’t shown he is a difference maker, how many 50-60 point players are there in the NHL? To think he is going to wake up one morning and be more creative, bigger, stronger, smarter, faster, etc. Is unreasonable. The point of this questionnaire is to trade for a need.

The only issue is that any Young D with upside is more valuable, to an organization, then Reinhart.
If all you look at is points, then there's no point...

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Don't like any of the options. Would prefer a really, really good veteran with leadership skills. Someone that can carry us through the tough minutes.

I'd rather trade ROR to be honest but if trading Reinhart or Mittelstadt is what it takes - so be it.

Maybe we can entice Carlson to sign with us?

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Don't like any of the options. Would prefer a really, really good veteran with leadership skills. Someone that can carry us through the tough minutes.

I'd rather trade ROR to be honest but if trading Reinhart or Mittelstadt is what it takes - so be it.

Does not compute.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I'm glad you left Hanifin off. The Canes would never do that trade now. Oh well. Reinhart is not been a bust. He's just been a massive underachieving disappointment and any one who says otherwise is a Reinhart homer. There have been several players drafted after him who have been better and for a #2 overall pick he has simply not been good enough. End of story.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I didn't include Hanifin or McAvoy because no way do their teams trade them for Reinhart.

I didn't pick any, I still believe Reinhart with physical maturity will be a very good player. Of course some of these young dmen will also mature and be very good.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I'm glad you left Hanifin off. The Canes would never do that trade now. Oh well. Reinhart is not been a bust. He's just been a massive underachieving disappointment and any one who says otherwise is a Reinhart homer. There have been several players drafted after him who have been better and for a #2 overall pick he has simply not been good enough. End of story.

This is true, Nylander at this point looks to be the best player from the 2014 draft. BUT ........ not one of the other 29 NHL teams if they had been picking 2nd would have picked anybody other than one of Reinhart/Draisaitl/Bennett. I think half of them would have taken Reinhart and the other half one of Draisaitl/Bennett.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

The 'Stadt is not for sale.

Guy is going to be the 2nd best forward on the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad