Which Euro draftee will come play in the CHL? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Which top round Euros might play in the CHL next year?

Which top round Euros might play in the CHL next year. This usually shows the players commitment to the North American game and lifestyle.

It also makes it easier for us to compare picks. heh

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
rupispupis said:
I think Alex Radulov is coming over.

indeed he is. he turned down contract offers from four RSL teams because his goal is "to play hockey in the NHL" and he realizes that things get complicated when teams start demanding transfer fees\etc. this will cut the time table in half :yo:

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
nomorekids said:
indeed he is. he turned down contract offers from four RSL teams because his goal is "to play hockey in the NHL" and he realizes that things get complicated when teams start demanding transfer fees\etc. this will cut the time table in half :yo:

I remember hearing from the TSN draft coverage that either McKenzie or Burke said he wouldn't touch a Russian in the first round after the first two (Ovechkin/Malkin) due to the expiration of the NHL agreement. It appears they didn't quite do their homework with regards to the 3rd best Russian out there. He showed quite a desire to play in NA next year in both his TV/Print/Radio interviews as well as with personal talks with Poile. He's expected to attend the Preds rookie camp as well. Hopefully his wise planning will expedite his journey accross the sea.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
Which Euro draftee will come play in the CHL?

I read that Alex Radulov and Davis Krejci were coming over.
On the eve of the Euro draft did anybody hear anything about some teams already having deals lined up with Euros?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
SmokeyClause said:
I remember hearing from the TSN draft coverage that either McKenzie or Burke said he wouldn't touch a Russian in the first round after the first two (Ovechkin/Malkin) due to the expiration of the NHL agreement. It appears they didn't quite do their homework with regards to the 3rd best Russian out there. He showed quite a desire to play in NA next year in both his TV/Print/Radio interviews as well as with personal talks with Poile. He's expected to attend the Preds rookie camp as well. Hopefully his wise planning will expedite his journey accross the sea.

LOL thats laughable man.

When Burke was asked about russians and the new Transfer fees he said HE WOULD NOT HESITATE to take a Russians inspite of the new rules.

You said exactly the opposite of what Brian Burke actually said.

Talk about selective hearing.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
Smid is playing one more year in the Czech pro league and then 05/06 season will be in Anaheim.

How certain is that? I'm worried about the development of his offense. He played rather strict stay-at-home this season and the situation won't improve that much over the summer and next season. If he then leaves the role he'll have at home behind, he'll need time to pick in up in Cincinnati and even more so in Anaheim. By 2007 he may have played two seasons of limited offensive freedom and another two of stay-at-home in the past four years. That wouldn't be good.

degroat*

McDonald19 said:
Smid is playing one more year in the Czech pro league and then 05/06 season will be in Anaheim.

I always have found it amusing how high of expectations people have of their prospects.

In all likelihood, Smid will spend a year in the AHL before ever playing a game in Anaheim.

Pontifex Maximus*

Ladislav Scurko of the Flyers. Clarke made it happen with their 03 Slovak in Ruzicka last year (3rd overall to Owen Sound, went on to score 30 goals) and he'll make it happen again.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
rupispupis said:
I think Alex Radulov is coming over.

That is really exciting!! I bet he'll put up huge numbers in the CHL despite probably playing for a poor team. Good for Alex.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Stich said:
I always have found it amusing how high of expectations people have of their prospects.

In all likelihood, Smid will spend a year in the AHL before ever playing a game in Anaheim.

weren't my personal expectations...were mentioned by management....see mightyducks.com if curious...

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Laituri said:
How certain is that? I'm worried about the development of his offense. He played rather strict stay-at-home this season and the situation won't improve that much over the summer and next season. If he then leaves the role he'll have at home behind, he'll need time to pick in up in Cincinnati and even more so in Anaheim. By 2007 he may have played two seasons of limited offensive freedom and another two of stay-at-home in the past four years. That wouldn't be good.

He seemed to feel he was going to get more responsibilty with his Czech team this coming year. So that by 04/05 season he would be ready for North America. Some comments about this at mightyducks.com.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
Shwarz will be playing. It will be good for him to adjust to the smaller rink. I wish he was playing in the Q instead...more shots more puckhandling etc... things he needs to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad