Which draft guide would you recommend?

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
This will be my first time purchasing a draft guide and I'm just wondering which one's provide the best value for my dollar. Which one(s) are the most indepth? Which one(s) do you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
I already ordered the McKeens one and a I will buy the hockey news draft preview when it comes out. Those two and the Internet should provide me enough info to be fully ready for the draft...

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I don't know about others, but I always enjoy the THN draft preview and I have been subscribed to THN since 2001.

bulat_faikov

Aug 5, 2004
Quebec
This will be my first time purchasing a draft guide and I'm just wondering which one's provide the best value for my dollar. Which one(s) are the most indepth? Which one(s) do you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance.

It depends on what you need that guide for ? Entertainment, fantasy team, keeper's pool, general knowledge... I think each guides have advantages and flaws compared to each other.

#1: My favorite is the Redline Report. I find it very expensive at 40$ but I'm always pleased with the way they rank players. They usually put much emphasis on offensive potential which is a good thing if you're looking to draft players for a fantasy team. Aside from the fact they rank a lot of players they usually give an objective view of their overall value. If someone is lazy, you'll know about it and may prefer to not draft such a player (ex: Paval Brendl) as oppose to some guides who will only speak of talent/skill.

#2: My second one is McKeens because it doesn't cost a lot and provide a very good lecture. It's also very reliable and usually their predictions are on the money ! I don't remember the cost for the draft guide only but I know it's cheaper than redline and is usually prettier to look at.

#3: ISS, they are reliable although I usually don't agree with the way they rank the players. One of their asset is that they provide a choice for different draft packages with different cost associated with them. I personnally find them too costly for what I want but if they would be cheaper I'm sure I would like them better.

#4: Fantasy sports services (forecaster). I don't think they print a pre-draft guide but they provide info on their web site which is usually very up-to-date. They are usually the more bias towards fantasy picks. They usually will give you more info on choosing players for a keeper's pool or 1 year pool but ain't much help for simulated fantasy league (deeper drafting). Basically they cover the two first round, they do it for cheap (free on the internet) and are good at giving a look at what will the prospect road to a team will look like.

That's it, I never bought the hockey news guide so I can't rate it.

bulat_faikov

Aug 5, 2004
Quebec

Thanks in advance.

It depends on what you need that guide for ? Entertainment, fantasy team, keeper's pool, general knowledge... I think each guides have advantages and flaws compared to each other.

#1: My favorite is the Redline Report. I find it very expensive at 40$ but I'm always pleased with the way they rank players. They usually put much emphasis on offensive potential which is a good thing if you're looking to draft players for a fantasy team. Aside from the fact they rank a lot of players they usually give an objective view of their overall value. If someone is lazy, you'll know about it and may prefer to not draft such a player (ex: Paval Brendl) as oppose to some guides who will only speak of talent/skill.

#2: My second one is McKeens because it doesn't cost a lot and provide a very good lecture. It's also very reliable and usually their predictions are on the money ! I don't remember the cost for the draft guide only but I know it's cheaper than redline and is usually prettier to look at.

#3: ISS, they are reliable although I usually don't agree with the way they rank the players. One of their asset is that they provide a choice for different draft packages with different cost associated with them. I personnally find them too costly for what I want but if they would be cheaper I'm sure I would like them better.

#4: Fantasy sports services (forecaster). I don't think they print a pre-draft guide but they provide info on their web site which is usually very up-to-date. They are usually the more bias towards fantasy picks. They usually will give you more info on choosing players for a keeper's pool or 1 year pool but ain't much help for simulated fantasy league (deeper drafting). Basically they cover the two first round, they do it for cheap (free on the internet) and are good at giving a look at what will the prospect road to a team will look like.

That's it, I never bought the hockey news guide so I can't rate it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad