Which Dman not named Borowiecki do you take out of the lineup when Karlsson is ready

Which Dman not named Borowieki do you take out of the lineup when Karlsson is ready

• Total voters

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Sell high on Wideman via trade.

Little to no value in Trading Wideman, he's a third pairing D man, on an expiring, extremely affoardable contract, would not bring anything of value to the Sens for this season .......... his value is higher to Sens by keeping him, even if he's in the press-box half the season, as an insurance D Man for injuries ............... the old saying rings true, "you can't have enough D men".

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
could still go 7D?

Boro has been excellent so far. Him standing up to Lucic was great to see and I think that swagger bled into our lineup

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Honestly, I don't get how watching your teamate getting whooped 3 minutes into a game, did all that much to inspire the win.

Maybe they felt like they had to avenge Boro?

Reactions: starling

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Fights are always funny.

If you win the game, the fight "changed momentum and inspired the guys".

If you lose the game, no one really talks about it.

Reminds me of when Neil fought and cancelled out a PP in the playoffs. I was livid, and the team won, and all the guys were talking about it.

I was still annoyed. ;)

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Honestly, I don't get how watching your teamate getting whooped 3 minutes into a game, did all that much to inspire the win.

So you would have rather had him back down when challenged?
If you bothered to read any of the players quotes in the paper, commenting on Boro standing up for his teammates, like vs Lucic, you would not be posting like this.

Reactions: aragorn

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Lucic took a shot at our goalie and Boro stood up. That's the key here. We saw this in the playoffs with Glass (taking shots at key players) and no one... I mean no one on the sens had the balls to stand up to him till Neil came in and Sens took over the series.

Reactions: aragorn

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
So you would have rather had him back down when challenged?
If you bothered to read any of the players quotes in the paper, commenting on Boro standing up for his teammates, like vs Lucic, you would not be posting like this.

How was he standing up to his teammates? What did Lucic even do in the first 3 minutes? And Didn't Boro drop the gloves first?

I mean I agree that sometimes fights can play a huge role for the morale of the team. Such as the Carkner vs Boyle "fight" or that line brawl where we kicked the Habs asses.

But 3 minutes into game 5 of the regular season against a team you face twice in a year? Lol, I'm sorry that was not one of the instances where a fight sparked the team.

And of course the players are going to say that. Them saying that is akin to standard "keep our feet moving, get pucks in deep, get shots on net" player talk.

Reactions: Pierre in Orleans

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Little to no value in Trading Wideman, he's a third pairing D man, on an expiring, extremely affoardable contract, would not bring anything of value to the Sens for this season .......... his value is higher to Sens by keeping him, even if he's in the press-box half the season, as an insurance D Man for injuries ............... the old saying rings true, "you can't have enough D men".

Wideman is a PMD & is a right shot, surely that has some value & some team could use that on their team? Boro was extended so he's not going anywhere & with a full compliment of defencemen (Karlsson, Oduya, Phaneuf, Ceci, Boro, Claesson & Wideman) I would assume that one of Claesson or Wideman will be moved if they want to make room on the roster for either Harpur or Chabot. They have 4 defencemen in Belleville that can step up if there are injuries as Claesson & Harpur did last yr in the playoffs & this yr they have Harpur, Chabot, Jaros & Englund who can step up if needed & that's not including Sieloff who has NHL experience. They could use some help up front & they have some extra assets to make a deal, they just need to find the right deal at the right price they are willing to pay IMO.

How was he standing up to his teammates? What did Lucic even do in the first 3 minutes? And Didn't Boro drop the gloves first?

I mean I agree that sometimes fights can play a huge role for the morale of the team. Such as the Carkner vs Boyle "fight" or that line brawl where we kicked the Habs asses.

But 3 minutes into game 5 of the regular season against a team you face twice in a year? Lol, I'm sorry that was not one of the instances where a fight sparked the team.

And of course the players are going to say that. Them saying that is akin to standard "keep our feet moving, get pucks in deep, get shots on net" player talk.

He slashed Anderson on the hand or arm on purpose to get a reaction to see if the Sens were willing to protect their goalie & Boro stepped up & all of his teammates knew it as did the coaching staff. It's not all that long ago that this team got pushed around & there was nobody there to fight back & step up for their teammates & goalie until they inserted Neil into the lineup. Few people appreciate what so few players have the balls to do & although fighting continues to be diminishing in the NHL, there are still a few guys willing to take liberties on goalies & players if the team doesn't have someone to stand up to them. I do wonder whether Boro hurt his hand in that fight which may be a reason he might not play tonight?

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
If Roman Polak can return a 2nd, on more than one occasion, I'm sure Wideman can return at least a 3rd, if not.

As for Boro as a 7th D, I don't mind that, just to see if EK needs to be eased in a bit. Him fighting is a good thing in my opinion because it accomplishes two things: taking out a scrub like Lucic for 5-15 minutes, takes him out for 5-15 minutes :P. In all honesty though, my blood does boil when I see a dirty/cheap shot go unanswered for. Even if it's just a hug fest or a beat down received by Borowiecki, it's appreciated by me. Team seems to go running with their tail between their legs when no one steps up (it's probably more that they're still distracted by the antics, i mean if a bystander like me is upset by some dude i've never met getting his face shoved into the boards, i'm sure a team mate is even more agitated).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad