Which Dman not named Borowiecki do you take out of the lineup when Karlsson is ready

Which Dman not named Borowieki do you take out of the lineup when Karlsson is ready

• Total voters

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Chabot. He needs to play 20 a night and he's isn't going to get that here once Karlsson returns.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The obvious answer here is a trade, shipping out Wideman for a depth forward. There are a ton of teams who need blue line help who would happily cough up a bottom six forward in exchange. Our GM needs to stop trying to hit a home run in his trade talks and go get it done.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The obvious answer here is a trade, shipping out Wideman for a depth forward. There are a ton of teams who need blue line help who would happily cough up a bottom six forward in exchange. Our GM needs to stop trying to hit a home run in his trade talks and go get it done.
Well I mean he's pulled the trigger on non honerun trades before lol.

Maybe people wanna see a bit more from wideman.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
It will be Chabot and should be Chabot. He has been good but all our other DMen have been even better. Sens play so well as a team, I think it is very difficult to make a full impact in our system without having some time to learn it and adjust.

If not Chabot, then Wideman. I actually think Wideman has been great and deserves to play (never said that about Wideman before lol) but Karlsson makes one of them redundant (whereas Boro, the other guy I'd look at sitting, brings an element that we otherwise lack).

Reactions: thinkwild

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Send Chabot down to the AHL for a bit to play 25+ minutes a night in Belleville.

Would be great for his development and confidence.

Reactions: Altimus

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Ideally it would be Boro or Oduya but realistically its gonna be Chabot or Wideman.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Boro must go

I dunno. The team just re-upped Borvihitski and he has been an absolute dynamite. Even EK65 looks silly sometimes, and I have been witnessing Borvihitski minimizing on those plays, which has become less bone headed and more about just being out skilled. Where he lacks skill, Boro has been more than compensating for with the absolute fearless brand of hockey he plays on ice, keeping opposing physicality in check. Borvihitski is unique that way in the Sens depth chart. He may as well be the toughest player that I have seen in this organization, putting himself in front of trucks to protect his blue line, despite his welterweight size.

I have never been a big fan, but I maybe witnessing a better, wiser, and definitely more experienced version of Borvi this year. He has been great overall in the Western Canada sweep.

Reactions: Alex1234

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
I was saying since the start of the pre season that something had to give and Wideman would end up getting traded when everyone got healthy. Wideman has played very well so far, so it might be a good idea to sell high. I'd say we either trade Wideman right now, freeing up a roster spot for Chabot or send Chabot down to the A, only to call him back up later this season when a trade does happen. Boro is not the odd man out either way because he brings elements that we need.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
It’s impressive to see the good things being said about Boro so far. Hoff leans to offense which can be exploited for a turnover and Boro leans to hits which can be exploited . But both players are leaning to their strengths that contribute to the identity of this team, and both players are in a system that accommodates those leans by good team play.

Boro has been out against other teams top lines this year, the coach and team have that confidence in him. And he is obviously a leader on this team, contributing to their character and willingness to fight for each other, something intangible that I recognize is often dismissed, or perhaps just missed.

Being signed for 2 more years on a good contract in a role that is still valued around the league makes his trade value go up too. Im hoping Jaros will learn to step up into hits like him and volchie too.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Why do people want to sit Oduya? I think he's gonna be awesome for us. I bet he has just as good a season as Methot has out in Dallas.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Why do people want to sit Oduya? I think he's gonna be awesome for us. I bet he has just as good a season as Methot has out in Dallas.
Wasn't Oduya trash on Dallas last year? I wouldn't expect a 36 year old who's been in pretty steady decline to play better than one of the best shutdown defenders in the league last year from a conference finalist. I think there's a reason Oduya was signed on July 24th and not July 1st.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wasn't Oduya trash on Dallas last year? I wouldn't expect a 36 year old who's been in pretty steady decline to play better than one of the best shutdown defenders in the league last year from a conference finalist. I think there's a reason Oduya was signed on July 24th and not July 1st.
Oduya messed up his ankle to start the season and hobbled around like Turris did after the gumby incident all year. He's skating quite well this year, so no reason to think he'll have a similar season to last year in Dallas imo, more likely is something akin to his season two years ago in Dallas, except this time he'll be in a system that offers the defenders support instead of going all out offense.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

I'd heard bad things about him last year... when I watch him, though, I see a guy with an elite defensive stick, good passing and great positioning. He's broken up rushes for us in a way that only Karlsson can do otherwise.

I was being a bit hyperbolic, but I think Oduya will play a similar role as Methot and be similarly solid. 17-18 mins a game, solid but unspectacular, few mistakes and not a lot of offense. Methot is a good 2nd pair DMan and I think Oduya can fill that role for us this year. Based on his play so far, its really surprising to me that some people think he will be a spare part - who knows, though... I really liked Kelly's first few games last year, too.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
What do we need Oduya for?
Oduya is our best insurance policy. He's a guy the coach can trust and he will buy time for some of our prospects to find their game and learn how to be NHLers. He's reliable and a good vet. If he plays he won't hurt you on the ice and if he doesn't play that means that you have 6 better NHL defensemen in the lineup and it's a sign of a healthy defense. The fact he's on our team also means we might trade an other defenseman like wideman and get an asset for him which is always good. If he's bad well he's gone after this year so no real issue there either.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Oduya-Karlsson
Claesson-Ceci
Phaneuf-Wideman

What I want to see at the moment.

I'd like to see Chabot-Phaneuf if we move Wideman, but I'm not sure if Chabot will play the left side.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->