Which Dman not named Borowiecki do you take out of the lineup when Karlsson is ready

Which Dman not named Borowieki do you take out of the lineup when Karlsson is ready

• Total voters

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Chabot. He's looked good, but he was brought up to fill in for injured players. If they're back, let him go to Belleville and log Karlsson type minutes there as he hones his defensive game.

Reactions: Altimus

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Because playing 7D makes no sense if we're gonna play too many guys who fill the same role. With Karlsson coming in, it makes more sense to take one of Wideman or Chabot rather than Boro.

You mean good skaters and puck movers? Or the way the new NHL is now? I'll take 6 guys who can move the puck over 5.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
You mean good skaters and puck movers? Or the way the new NHL is now? I'll take 6 guys who can move the puck over 5.

There's only so many minutes to go around between guys to move the puck. I think Chabot could do fine in a support position while deferring to the other D to move the puck, but is that really the best use of his talents? I don't think Wideman would be very good in a support position, especially if it means playing on his offside.

Boro also is trusted by Boucher to play (light) short handed minutes where as Wideman (and so far) Chabot aren't at all.

And again, we're talking about playing 7D. There's an entirely different dynamic.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Its Oduya under your premise.

Claesson-Karlsson
Phanuef-Ceci
Chabot-Wideman
Boro is 7th d

I'd sit Boro and Oduya to play Paul or Chlapik if Formenton and Brown are sent back. Really though Boro shouldn't play. Oduya, Jaros and Harpur are all ahead of him.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I voted "Charbot" cause there's no such person on our team. Hard to take anybody out the way they're all playing.

Oduya - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman
Boro

I like both Chabot and Wideman on the PP, but with Karlsson coming back we can afford to lose one. If we can't trade Wideman for a good return, send Chabot down and give him the big minutes. Injuries unfortunately will hit soon enough and he'll be back anyway. Too much steak already anyway, think of all the methane!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad