Which 2nd Wild Card is more likely to make it a series?

More likely to bounceback?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
You should probably learn something about statistics and sample size before you try and draw conclusions from a 10 game sample.
You should probably learn a useful skill - reading, before trying something more complicated like statistics. Cause if you knew how to read, you would notice that I have ~ 100 game sample size.

Reactions: MacBradley

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You should probably learn a useful skill - reading, before trying something more complicated like statistics. Cause if you knew how to read, you would notice that I have ~ 100 game sample size.
Still no where close to statistically relevant.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
But I never really felt for even one second they were in those games. The score today was very misleading
Completely disagree, the Avs have been right there in both games. They were the better team for most of game 1 and they were right there with Nashville for all of game two.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Guess you only watched period 1 of game 1
Nope, watched both games in their entirety, thanks. I'm not saying the Avs were far better or even deserved to win, but to suggest they were completely dominated simply isn't true.

I'm a Wings fan cheering for the Preds, btw, and don't think the Avs stand a chance in this series. Just pointing out the gross exaggeration of the previous post.

Reactions: 22FUTON9

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nope, watched both games in their entirety, thanks. I'm not saying the Avs were far better or even deserved to win, but to suggest they were completely dominated simply isn't true.

I'm a Wings fan cheering for the Preds, btw, and don't think the Avs stand a chance in this series. Just pointing out the gross exaggeration of the previous post.

I'm so conflicted about liking this post...

Reactions: The Red Line

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Guess you only watched period 1 of game 1

Lol you can keep saying this all you want but it doesn't make it true.

Avs were the better team for the first 40 minutes of game 1. And the first 20 minutes of game 2. Preds were the better team for Period 3 of game 1 and period 2 of game 2.

The series has actually been quite even so far with the big difference being goaltending. Rinne already has 6-7 highlight reel saves while Bernier has been decent but unable to come up with the big save when needed like Rinne has been.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
We saw Pekka away from home in last year's SCF. He's not as good. Colorado at might turn it around. Not sure they will win the series, but they can win a couple at home.

TB just too good.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Both cooked imo. I was hoping NJ could pose a bigger threat but Tampa has a couple of extra gears that NJ doesn't.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Avs were the better team for the first 40 minutes of game 1. And the first 20 minutes of game 2. Preds were the better team for Period 3 of game 1 and period 2 of game 2.

The series has actually been quite even so far with the big difference being goaltending. Rinne already has 6-7 highlight reel saves while Bernier has been decent but unable to come up with the big save when needed like Rinne has been.

I can't blame Preds fans for thinking they won the 2nd period of game 1, it was a lot closer than periods 1 or 3 of that game. But me and my friends back in chicago agree with you that the avs looked a little better in period 2 of that game as well.

If the guys can get confident at beating Rinne in Denver, we've got a shot. But god damn does winning in Nashville look unlikely.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

If Rinne is the difference in this series, it's the difference between giving the Avs some hope and completely dominating them. He's spotted the Avs a lead from the very start in both games and has an .895 sv%...

The reason the Avs have looked better in the first period of these games is that Rinne let in a goal on the first shot both times. Playing from a lead or behind changes the dynamics of the game, and this particular scenario isn't likely to continue for Colorado.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
COL has played extremely well, and if their #1 GT is in net, this series is a real toss up. Similarly, if NSH had their #2b center out there the COL speed gets neutralized somewhat. But you go to war with the army you have. Will be surprised if COL doesn't take at least one of their home games this week.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Rinne is the difference in this series, it's the difference between giving the Avs some hope and completely dominating them. He's spotted the Avs a lead from the very start in both games and has an .895 sv%...

The reason the Avs have looked better in the first period of these games is that Rinne let in a goal on the first shot both times. Playing from a lead or behind changes the dynamics of the game, and this particular scenario isn't likely to continue for Colorado.

He also stole a good 4-5 goals in the first two games while making the big saves that you needed to keep you in it :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad