Which 2 Piece setup?

cparkq

Apr 10, 2005
Warrior Dolomite shaft with Dolomite blade (~$150 US)
OR
Easton Synergy II shaft with Synergy II blade (~$150 US)
OR
Easton Synthesis shaft with Synthesis/Synergy II blade (the shaft was at a local store for around 60 US, blade locally was expensive but i could order it off the net for around 50 US so thats 110US total)

I don't play competitively anymore but i still want a good stick to play with when i do. I play on a couple mens ball hockey teams too though so it would be nice to use it for both ice and ball hockey.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't use an ice hockey stick for ball hockey ever.

I'd go with the Dolomite, but that's because it comes in patterns I prefer.

You can probably find something equal in performance for about half the total price if you wanted to, though.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
the synthesis and synergy II are the same thing, just renamed. Basically, you're choice is between the synergy II and the dolomite. You said you dont play competitive anymore, meaning you once did... in that time did you ever try a innovative 1100? If so then you have tried a dolomite.

Basically, it boils down to personal preference. A couple things to think about: easton is known for their shafts "breaking in" a lot and loosing their stiffness. Innovative(warrior) is known for shaft torquing(twisting). Just something to chew on while you make your decisions... honestly, you can't go wrong either way.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com

I'd go with the Dolomite, but that's because it comes in patterns I prefer.

You can probably find something equal in performance for about half the total price if you wanted to, though.

some places have very competitive ball hockey, don't let "ball hockey" fool you. It's not just for guys playing in the street, basketball courts and tennis courts anymore.

cparkq

Apr 10, 2005

Any suggestions for my purposes at this price point then?

TBLFAN>> nope ive never used the Inno sticks, but ive heard about them a lot ever since warrior took over. Do you think the dolomite would be a good ball hockey stick (is it durable enough)? I could always get the dolomite shaft but a cheaper blade (but still tapered) for ball hockey

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
some places have very competitive ball hockey, don't let "ball hockey" fool you. It's not just for guys playing in the street, basketball courts and tennis courts anymore.
What I meant was a stick made to flex for a heavy puck is not going to work when you use a light-as-a-feather Mylec ball.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
a dolomite should be plenty durable.

Sticks such as a dolomite come in different flex ratings. And you should be able to get flex on your stick no matter what you're shooting, it's not the weight of the object your shooting that flexes the stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad