where's the fairness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
there are threads about Frolik vs Kessel, Phaneuf or Meszaros, Crosby or Bergeron.. and yet every time a Crosby-Ovechkin debate starts up, the threads get shut down..

I think it's only fair that a thread about Crosby and Ovechkin should be allowed to go on for as long as there are no personal attacks..

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
MOGiLNY said:
there are threads about Frolik vs Kessel, Phaneuf or Meszaros, Crosby or Bergeron.. and yet every time a Crosby-Ovechkin debate starts up, the threads get shut down..

I think it's only fair that a thread about Crosby and Ovechkin should be allowed to go on for as long as there are no personal attacks..

The problem is that there are tons of those threads that keep poping up. People are sick of them.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
MOGiLNY said:

have you seen a thread of AO vs crosby that was fair? it usually takes only 5-10 posts and it gets ugly.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
MOGiLNY said:

Look at that Phaneuf vs. Meszaros thread. People are intelligently discussing the merits of each player and no one is posting nothing but mindless homerism and inane comparisons. Now think about the way every Crosby vs. Ovechkin thread goes and you will know why they keep getting closed.

Also, those arguments frequently start up in threads where they don't belong, typically when someone goes into a gameday thread specifically to start trolling.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Epsilon said:
Look at that Phaneuf vs. Meszaros thread. People are intelligently discussing the merits of each player and no one is posting nothing but mindless homerism and inane comparisons. Now think about the way every Crosby vs. Ovechkin thread goes and you will know why they keep getting closed.

Also, those arguments frequently start up in threads where they don't belong, typically when someone goes into a gameday thread specifically to start trolling.
Well said EPS! I agree that all of the mindless back and forth cheap shots and rhetoric has no place on these boards, and I applaud HF for shutting them down. All that fluff is just some posters trying to pad their total posts number at the expense of those of us who may have something intelligent and enlightening to offer. There are some great minds on these boards and I for one enjoy reading what they have to say.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
We keep shutting down Cros.-Ovechkin threads cause 99% of the time they turn into flamewars and they get shut down. IF people COULD have a normal discussion about those two, the thread will be left opened but posters CANT discuss those two normally, so the thread gets shut down.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
We also have lots of young people on the boards. While I am not saying that no teenager can discuss objectively, without homerism/stupid patriotism and without deliberately trying to po others, there unfortunately is a correlation between age and the ability to discuss things in a civilized manner. Luckily there are shining exceptions too.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Boucicaut said:
We also have lots of young people on the boards. While I am not saying that no teenager can discuss objectively, without homerism/stupid patriotism and without deliberately trying to po others, there unfortunately is a correlation between age and the ability to discuss things in a civilized manner. Luckily there are shining exceptions too.

Age has nothing to do with it. It is usaully the guys who are like 20+ who take cheap shots at each over. I hate AO vs Crosby threads not because of the dudes who attack each over but because the comparison is getting so old and dull. How can it be called homerism though. Crsoby isn't owned by an NHL club so really homerism shouldn't happen. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad