Where would Brule go in this year's draft?

#1rezniy

Nov 3, 2006
I dont know but Im wondering if Columbus is wishing Montreal took Brule. Would have been nice to have to settle for Kopitar.

And thats no knock on Brule. I was hoping the Pens would land him if they didnt get Crosby.

AgentNaslund*

Brule struggled because hes not ready for the NHL yet. They brought him into the leauge too early.

AgentNaslund*

It's hard not to bring him in after his dominant performance last year at the mem cup.

sure bring him in, but it was obvious he was still not ready after the first 10 games or so. Send him back down. You dont have to leave him here forever.

atreides

Feb 6, 2006
Brule is a very good prospect IMO. He needs some time !

He is playing in the NHL this year ! Pouliot, Ryan and Skille are not !

Brule #1 or #2 this year draft IMO.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
He's up to 16 points now, has played the season mainly with Jody Shelley - but since being promoted (slightly) he is starting to light the lamp. The guy is going to be a point per game player, a Mike Peca with soft hands kinda.

WheatiesHockey

Dec 19, 2006
Hard to say, but Brule did have some fairly serious injuries early in his career. Columbus was talent starved and probably put him in the line up way too early.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
You think Brule will be a top ten player in the NHL? I don't see that ever happening.

Honestly i don't think Brule would have gone 1st overall in this draft. He'd go top five for sure though.

Who ever saw the Canucks going 25-4-4 since christmas happening? ;)

Id put Brule and Kessel in the same category. They wont tear the NHL apart as teenagers like Crosby and Kopitar, but will steadily mature and get stronger - and be all-stars by their early 20's.

Bam Beet*

I'd say first overall if this was before we knew what he would play like up until now. With knowing how he has played up to this point he'd still be top five but maybe not number 1 anymore.

Mar 4, 2003
Ottawa
Who ever saw the Canucks going 25-4-4 since christmas happening? ;)

Id put Brule and Kessel in the same category. They wont tear the NHL apart as teenagers like Crosby and Kopitar, but will steadily mature and get stronger - and be all-stars by their early 20's.
Like Lecavalier..

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Where do you think Crosby would go in this draft? I think he could give Kane/Cherepanov a run for their money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad