Where will the Canes finish the year?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
We didn't actually do one of these, maybe because we didn't want to jinx it, so sorry if that's the reason, but a lot of us are talking about being way better this year without actually saying where we'll finish. Season starts in two hours, but better late than never!

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Middle of the playoff pack. Either 3rd due to noone taking the division by the horns or someone else taking it and us falling in around 5th/6th/7th.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
My guess....somewhere between 6-10..so I'll vote 7-9 fringe playoff team. Two reasons for me.

1) Defense is a huge question mark, and 1 injury and they are toast.
2) A lot of new parts that need to gel in a short season. Hard to do.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My guess....somewhere between 6-10..so I'll vote 7-9 fringe playoff team. Two reasons for me.

1) Defense is a huge question mark, and 1 injury and they are toast.
2) A lot of new parts that need to gel in a short season. Hard to do.

*2 injuries and they're toast. Remember McBain's a healthy scratch right now, and even if he's starting slow like he always does he's NOT a healthy scratch caliber player.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
*2 injuries and they're toast. Remember McBain's a healthy scratch right now, and even if he's starting slow like he always does he's NOT a healthy scratch caliber player.

It depends who the injury is to. If it's to Corvo or Sanguinetti, then no big deal and McBain will aptly fill in. If it's to Harrison, then they lose 1 of 2 physical guys they have and are an even softer defense, but might be able to manage. If it's to Faulk, Gleason or Pitkanen, then it's big trouble.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It depends who the injury is to. If it's to Corvo or Sanguinetti, then no big deal and McBain will aptly fill in. If it's to Harrison, then they lose 1 of 2 physical guys they have and are an even softer defense, but might be able to manage. If it's to Faulk, Gleason or Pitkanen, then it's big trouble.

Fair enough, although I'd say if it's Faulk or Pitkanen McBain would be able to fill in as well.

We wouldn't be able to last through a Gleason or Harrison long-term injury though, I agree. We'd have to sign a Vandermeer or Huskins or Eaton or someone of that ilk.

SkinnerStaal

Feb 6, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I think our season goes as Semin goes (plays well - division champ; plays so-so - our normal spot of scraping for the final seeds in the playoffs)

I think Semin is going to play pretty well - Division champs baby!

WWAD

Aug 20, 2009
Harrison is a replacement caliber player. When did he become some irreplaceable physical bulwark of the Canes defense?

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
I think the other 2 east divisions are going to beat each other up enough for our SE division championship to give us the 2 seed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->