Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Cerebral said:
I'm hoping for about 42 million but I'm guessing more around 45-46 million.

Same here. 42 million is the number I would like to see but I doubt (since the PA offered 52) the NHL would get it down that low.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
TonySCV said:
It doesn't take Bill Guerin to figure out the midway point is $46MM, but they should ask him anyway just for giggles.

Screw that, I want to hear Bryan McCabe.

NewBreed19

I hope it falls at 46mill. Bettmen won't let it happen ;he's such an @sshole ! :madfire:

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
? Theres no 'hard cap'. A hard cap means they absolutely cannot spend over. The PA is still making provisions that they can. Read the last TSN article.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
NYRangers said:
? Theres no 'hard cap'. A hard cap means they absolutely cannot spend over. The PA is still making provisions that they can. Read the last TSN article.

The union can propose all they want in teh end that will fall by the wayside just like the no cap stance did. While I like the option that the players proposed with option to go over teh cap for 2 years of 6 i think they need to add more meat and potatoe to teh numbers above the 40 million to make it really vialble.

Here is what i would offer as a final offer from
the players to get teh owners to buy in to their idea.

hard cap $45 million with 2 season where u can go 10% over.

luxery tax:
35-39.9 million-50% tax
40-45 million 100% tax
45.01-49.5 million- 150% tax

Salary floor $ 25 million

Drop that whole point about revisiting the cap amounts after 2006 that is mentioned in subtext of tehir offer.

monkey_00*

Chayos1 said:
The sides are at $40 million and $52 million respectively where do you think the cap will fall.

Chayos1

For now I think it will be the $45-million mark..........In time they (owners) may want to make it so that the Cap will exclude the highest payed player on their hockey club........I actually think we're gonna have a hockey seasn after all.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad