where will crosby/ovechkin go..who would you rather have??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
if you could have either crosby or ovechkin on your team, who would you rather have? some people will immediately say crosby, but think about it...crosby seems better but who would YOU rather have on a team?
also, where do you think each will go? we might have to think ahead for crosby but it might be easy to determine ovechkin now. id say either pittsburgh, colobus, washington, or florida for ovechkin
i dont really know about crosby, but maybe chicago, anaheim, or washington

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
i think your right, but remember what happened with lindros, he was good for a few years and now is crap...same thing with daigle, was sort of good but never even close to his potential....both were on the flyers so i guess if crosby doesnt play on the flyers he'll be safe lol

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
I would rather have Ovechkin. And I could see both of them land in Pittsburgh...

Imagine that...Fleury in net with Ovechkin and Crosby up front :eek:

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I have a feeling a Lindros type team will go down for Crosby with a team like Detroit, Colorado or LA will give lots of prospects and money to get him.

Every team in the league should be brainstorming ideas to get either one of these players, and probably are. At the end of the day, it is the team who gets the #1 pick that is in the drivers seat. They will receive numerous proposals and will have to decide for themselves what kind of possible package would be worth trading for.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
how bout this dynasty for you....
luongo, jokinen, ovechkin, crosby, horton, weiss, bouwmeester, tony stewart, nedorost.....am i forgetting anyone? go panthers!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why not both? :D

My only concern with Ovechkin is the possibility of whatever transfer fee due to garner his release from his Superelite team. Crosby is straightforward in that regard, but with Ovechkin that becomes a little bit unclear.

But I'd love to have either.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
if these two ever do end up together thats most likely an automatic cup, LOL....ok, how bout this one, ovechkin playing in rimouski for the next two seasons with crosby...just imagine, LOL

KillToronto

HockeyGuy1011 said:
how bout this dynasty for you....
luongo, jokinen, ovechkin, crosby, horton, weiss, bouwmeester, tony stewart, nedorost.....am i forgetting anyone? go panthers!

You might need a better D.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Zherdev said:
I would rather have Ovechkin. And I could see both of them land in Pittsburgh...

Imagine that...Fleury in net with Ovechkin and Crosby up front :eek:

Imagine the payroll too. It wouldnt last very long, one or the other would have to leave when their pay got sky high.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Meh, by that time a new arena should be built and a new CBA in place.

In the current times we wouldn't be able to pay all three's rookie salaries...counting Fleury of course.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
HockeyGuy1011 said:
if you could have either crosby or ovechkin on your team, who would you rather have? some people will immediately say crosby, but think about it...crosby seems better but who would YOU rather have on a team?
also, where do you think each will go? we might have to think ahead for crosby but it might be easy to determine ovechkin now. id say either pittsburgh, colobus, washington, or florida for ovechkin
i dont really know about crosby, but maybe chicago, anaheim, or washington

THERE IS A CHANCE THAT ONE BOTTOM 4 FINISHER THIS SEASON (2003/04) COULD END UP WITH BOTH OF THEM ......ie. 2 lotto wins in the 2004 and 2005 drafts ....assuming the NHL is out the ENTIRE 2004/05 season over the CBA issue,the 2005 draft IF still held in June 2005 will revert to placings of 2003/04 + a new lotto in the 2005 draft...
IF there is no draft in 2005 and the NHL is out a 2nd ENTIRE season in 2005/06 but the CBA is signed before the normal June draft time--then
A COMBINED 2005+2006 draft will be held in June 2006 --reverting toplacing of 2003/04 + a new lotto (so in this case one of the bottom 4 finishers of 2003/04 still could win CROSBY in the lotto --unless they would rather have the consensus 2006 top overall candidate had that been a separate draft ranking --in which case the non-lotto winner of lowest finish would take CROSBY) ......ALTERNATIVELY --if only a partial season is played in 2004/05 --obviously there will be a new crop of BOTTOM 4 finishers for the lotto of the 2005 draft.....OTHER ALTERNATIVE = a new CBA eliminates the draft altogether = a FREE MARKET --but subject to CAP ROOM for all signings --IN THIS SCENARIO --the 2004 draft could be the last one OR also the 2005
and 2006 drafts are possibly the last ones depending on WHEN the new CBA is signed and WHETHER they still held drafts prior to sugning the new CBA......

In summary--there is A CHANCE that a bottom 4 finisher from this season (2003/04) MIGHT get lucky enough to win 2 straight lotteries
and thus get BOTH OVECHKIN and CROSBY........there is also a chance CROSBY could be subject to a market free for all --SUBJECT TO CAP ROOM if the new CBA gets rid of the draft.....

All the above assumes that the team or teams getting the chance to select OVECHKIN or CROSBY do not TRADE DOWN for players+ picks ...

All the above also assumes that no BOTTOM 4 FINISHER of 2003/04
folds the franchise before the 2004,2005 (or possibly 2005+2006 combo draft) should the drafts all be held...ie. should PIT be a bottom 4 this season ---then the NHL not play in 2004/05 ---can MARIO hold on if 2005/06 is still up in the air in terms of no new CBA in place? THUS should say PIT drop out of the NHL and if it was a bottom 4 this season--then the 5th lowest finisher would take its place as one of 4 lottery picks to possibly move up to grab the #1 overall --and so on...

FINALLY--there is also the possibility the new CBA will keep the draft but CHOP off several franchises (ie...30 teams down to 24?) ....IF in this scenario--some of the chopees are bottom 4 this season they would be replaced with the next lower finisher still in the NHL in the lottey scenario of 4 with a chance for the #1 overall...who might be a chopee? PIT (Mario has money/attendance problems) WASH (Leonsis has lost $100,000 so far on the CAPS --will he hold through to a new CBA?) Columbus =NO ..attendance is good/great market for hockey...CHI (attendance is bad--but WIRTZ owns building with no money owing --might sell if new CBA not to his liking--but as an original six,this franchise stays) ... you can suggest some other chopees but maybe they won't be a bootom 4-6 this season...

All I know is this ---CHI has a good chance at a bottom 4 finish as it looks right now--but if DAze and Zhamnov and some others return frominjury perhaps they will rise enough not to be in this privileged group of bottom 4 by season's end---of course with the curse that plagues Mr. wirtz' franchise,even a bvottom 4 finish will not guarantee getting
either one of OVECHKIN or CROSBY to Chicago--rather probably some lucky team gets both--yes I can see it now ---"your Columbus Blue Jackets are pleased as punch to announce......."(and they already have NASH --not to mention they got FRITSCHE with the pick CHI gave them for ODELEIN) ...oh the slings and arrows that cursed fate can throw at you to dash your hopes and uplift your enemies!

Sundried TOmato

Oct 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
HockeyGuy1011 said:
if you could have either crosby or ovechkin on your team, who would you rather have? some people will immediately say crosby,
Why? Why would some people immediately say Crosby?

but think about it...crosby seems better
In what aspects of the game does Crosby seem better than Ovechkin? What is the basis for your comparison? How many times have you seen Crosby and Ovechkin play? Not saying you are wrong, just asking for some clarification.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
Sundried TOmato said:
Why? Why would some people immediately say Crosby?

In what aspects of the game does Crosby seem better than Ovechkin? What is the basis for your comparison? How many times have you seen Crosby and Ovechkin play? Not saying you are wrong, just asking for some clarification.

i dont think either is better than one other, no way i can assume that because i have never seen them play, and that was the basis for this thread...and i put that some people would probably immediately say crosby because of how people talk about him on the boards...from what i have heard and the very little i have seen, crosby seems better, but i cant say anything for sure

st_roland

hawksfan50 said:
THERE IS A CHANCE THAT ONE BOTTOM 4 FINISHER THIS SEASON (2003/04) COULD END UP WITH BOTH OF THEM ......ie. 2 lotto wins in the 2004 and 2005 drafts ....assuming the NHL is out the ENTIRE 2004/05 season over the CBA issue,the 2005 draft IF still held in June 2005 will revert to placings of 2003/04 + a new lotto in the 2005 draft...
IF there is no draft in 2005 and the NHL is out a 2nd ENTIRE season in 2005/06 but the CBA is signed before the normal June draft time--then
A COMBINED 2005+2006 draft will be held in June 2006 --reverting toplacing of 2003/04 + a new lotto (so in this case one of the bottom 4 finishers of 2003/04 still could win CROSBY in the lotto --unless they would rather have the consensus 2006 top overall candidate had that been a separate draft ranking --in which case the non-lotto winner of lowest finish would take CROSBY) ......ALTERNATIVELY --if only a partial season is played in 2004/05 --obviously there will be a new crop of BOTTOM 4 finishers for the lotto of the 2005 draft.....OTHER ALTERNATIVE = a new CBA eliminates the draft altogether = a FREE MARKET --but subject to CAP ROOM for all signings --IN THIS SCENARIO --the 2004 draft could be the last one OR also the 2005
and 2006 drafts are possibly the last ones depending on WHEN the new CBA is signed and WHETHER they still held drafts prior to sugning the new CBA......

In summary--there is A CHANCE that a bottom 4 finisher from this season (2003/04) MIGHT get lucky enough to win 2 straight lotteries
and thus get BOTH OVECHKIN and CROSBY........there is also a chance CROSBY could be subject to a market free for all --SUBJECT TO CAP ROOM if the new CBA gets rid of the draft.....

All the above assumes that the team or teams getting the chance to select OVECHKIN or CROSBY do not TRADE DOWN for players+ picks ...

All the above also assumes that no BOTTOM 4 FINISHER of 2003/04
folds the franchise before the 2004,2005 (or possibly 2005+2006 combo draft) should the drafts all be held...ie. should PIT be a bottom 4 this season ---then the NHL not play in 2004/05 ---can MARIO hold on if 2005/06 is still up in the air in terms of no new CBA in place? THUS should say PIT drop out of the NHL and if it was a bottom 4 this season--then the 5th lowest finisher would take its place as one of 4 lottery picks to possibly move up to grab the #1 overall --and so on...

FINALLY--there is also the possibility the new CBA will keep the draft but CHOP off several franchises (ie...30 teams down to 24?) ....IF in this scenario--some of the chopees are bottom 4 this season they would be replaced with the next lower finisher still in the NHL in the lottey scenario of 4 with a chance for the #1 overall...who might be a chopee? PIT (Mario has money/attendance problems) WASH (Leonsis has lost $100,000 so far on the CAPS --will he hold through to a new CBA?) Columbus =NO ..attendance is good/great market for hockey...CHI (attendance is bad--but WIRTZ owns building with no money owing --might sell if new CBA not to his liking--but as an original six,this franchise stays) ... you can suggest some other chopees but maybe they won't be a bootom 4-6 this season...

All I know is this ---CHI has a good chance at a bottom 4 finish as it looks right now--but if DAze and Zhamnov and some others return frominjury perhaps they will rise enough not to be in this privileged group of bottom 4 by season's end---of course with the curse that plagues Mr. wirtz' franchise,even a bvottom 4 finish will not guarantee getting
either one of OVECHKIN or CROSBY to Chicago--rather probably some lucky team gets both--yes I can see it now ---"your Columbus Blue Jackets are pleased as punch to announce......."(and they already have NASH --not to mention they got FRITSCHE with the pick CHI gave them for ODELEIN) ...oh the slings and arrows that cursed fate can throw at you to dash your hopes and uplift your enemies!

This has to be the most confusing post i've ever read. But good stuff....uhh I think.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
st_roland said:
This has to be the most confusing post i've ever read. But good stuff....uhh I think.
lol i didnt want to be mean or anything but it was hard to understand but thanks for telling us all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad