Where was goalie Varlamov??

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
It was hilarioius seeing everyone from the Washington Captitals management all standing on the stage waiting for Varlamov to arrive. Where was he? Didn't they make sure he was in the building before embarassing himself and Bettman? It was hilarious watching Bettman shrug his shoulders...I wonder if the kid was simply in the bathroom.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Peter said:
It was hilarioius seeing everyone from the Washington Captitals management all standing on the stage waiting for Varlamov to arrive. Where was he? Didn't they make sure he was in the building before embarassing himself and Bettman? It was hilarious watching Bettman shrug his shoulders...I wonder if the kid was simply in the bathroom.

Nope, he was not in attendance tonight.

Alexander Ovechkin was actually trying to get a hold of him after Washington had made the selection calling him several different times through his agent and his family.

Varlamov doesn't have an agent, from what I understood, and with the rankings he saw didn't think he'd get drafted in the first round.

VladNYC*

Fedz said:
Alexander Ovechkin was actually trying to get a hold of him after Washington had made the selection calling him several different times through his agent and his family.

That's funny!

Ovechkin: "Mrs.Varlamov can Senya come out and get drafted please?"

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
VladNYC said:
That's funny!

Ovechkin: "Mrs.Varlamov can Senya come out and get drafted please?"

I was having a tough time understanding what he actually pronounced Varlamov's name as, but seemed as if he said Semyan. How exactly would you pronounce it?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Sem'yon would be as close to the phonetic spelling as I can get. The "m" is soft and the "yo" sound is like the proper way of pronouncing the first e in Fedorov.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
some agent! I like Varlamov and where he got selected...good pickup for washington :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad