Where was Dainius?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
San Jose, California - For the last couple days rumours have been swirling regarding the whereabouts of Dainius Zubrus in the San Jose Shark line-up. Some said that he went on a Journey to find himself, much like Miami Dolphins runningback Ricky Williams, but that was not the case. When GM Astles was asked about the situation he stated, "My inaugral season as GM of this team and I show the rookie side for the first time. Dainius was taken out of the lineup a few games back due to a minor injury, and was only supposed to sit 1 or 2 games. With things so busy around here, he was just never put back in the line-up until tonights game versus the Canadiens."
We tracked down Dainius after the game and asked him how he felt about sitting an extra 3 games as a healthy scratch, "No one wants to be a healthy scratch but mistakes happen and I was happy to be back in the lineup tonight, I'm sure it won't happen again." Dainius added 2 goals including the game winner against Montreal and was deemed first star, he did not seem phased by the rookie GM's hiccup.
"It's always embarrassing when things like this happen, you don't want a player that is playing well to lose any confidence, luckily Dainius is a professional, we are glad to have him on our team."
The Sharks see action next against Todd Bertuzzi and the Philadelphia Flyers, Dainius is expect to dress.

Jaws - reporting for sanjosesharks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad