Where to start as a new fan?

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hello VGK section.

I'm primarily a Flames fan, and that wont change much. However, I'm looking for a team to follow as a close second. I'm pretty meh on most teams, but enjoy what I've seen Of The knights. I may be bandwagon, but I'd still like to be a fan.

That said, as a fan, what is there I need to know going in? Can't miss prospects, unsung team heroes, draft expectations, how your playoffs have been, literally anything I should know if I want to stay up to date with the team from here on out.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hello VGK section.

I'm primarily a Flames fan, and that wont change much. However, I'm looking for a team to follow as a close second. I'm pretty meh on most teams, but enjoy what I've seen Of The knights. I may be bandwagon, but I'd still like to be a fan.

That said, as a fan, what is there I need to know going in? Can't miss prospects, unsung team heroes, draft expectations, how your playoffs have been, literally anything I should know if I want to stay up to date with the team from here on out.

You're right on time. There's an entire city behind the team, everyone was an unsung hero except Fleury and perhaps Neal, everyone is playing with a chip on their shoulder that represents themselves and the entire city of Las Vegas. They play every minute of every game and give 100% on every shift or they sit in the press box.

You're all caught up, now let's go win a cup. Welcome to the squad.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Hello VGK section.

All are welcome. :)

If you are looking for Knights specific news and notes, SinBin.vegas - Praise Be To Foley, Vegas Golden Knights Hockey Website is a good quasi-fan blog to follow.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Milamberkf

May 6, 2018
Darwin, Australia
Playoffs as i've seen them thus far
  • Round 1 vs LA - Defensive Battle mostly between Quick and Fleury honestly both played amazingly but Fleury was a brick wall, while this may have been a sweep for Knights it was much closer than it seems Fleury was the difference.
  • Round 2 vs SJ - Playing our game, aside from game 1 this series Vegas was playing with speed , good passing and matching physicality (Tuch, Marchessault, Karlsson, Neal and Fleury were standouts, among just general good team play *also personally i loved the way Carrier played in this series really stuck it to SJ*)

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
Pens fan for life and became a fan of Vegas since the first home game lighting up the Coyotes for 29 goals in the first period. No band wagon here.

Fleury and Neal made me do it.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad