• Marleau - Bozak - Marner

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • JVR - Marleau - Marner

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Or you could just bury your head in the sand and not see it for what it is. Mitch will be fine. Based on what. Keep hearing he's gonna break out. When? The league tightens up as it goes along. His game needs to change. He needs to go into the hard areas to play. Needs to fight for the puck and his ice. He's never had to do that before.
He needs to play at a higher pace and spend less time fighting for pucks in the corner. He needs to keep possession, drive to open areas, buy time and make smart plays.

He'll never be strong physically, so don't play to that style, it's a losing battle. He needs to buzz in/out of those tough areas, not settle in them. If he's in/out he's drawing penalties and forcing players to chase.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
He needs to play at a higher pace and spend less time fighting for pucks in the corner. He needs to keep possession, drive to open areas, buy time and make smart plays.

He'll never be strong physically, so don't play to that style, it's a losing battle. He needs to buzz in/out of those tough areas, not settle in them. If he's in/out he's drawing penalties and forcing players to chase.
And that’s problem in today’s NHL. Playing the perimeter helps no one. Matthews line works because all 3 can play in the tough areas.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Marner has been playing his best hockey of the year when Matt Martin is riding shotgun and creating space for him to operate.
Fourth line. If he can’t play there that’s a problem. He has what 3 points in 10 games and 1 a primary assist on a play that was all, yik s, Bozak

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
And that’s problem in today’s NHL. Playing the perimeter helps no one. Matthews line works because all 3 can play in the tough areas.
There's a difference between needing to make a play in the tough area and living in it. Take a look at the best players around Mariner's size and you should easily understand what I'm saying.

You can also play in those tough area by doing what I outlined. That's how you excel in this NHL at Marner's size.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
There's a difference between needing to make a play in the tough area and living in it. Take a look at the best players around Mariner's size and you should easily understand what I'm saying.

You can also play in those tough area by doing what I outlined. That's how you excel in this NHL at Marner's size.
No one lives in those areas. All you had to do was watch Schwartz last night. He’s a dog on a bone around the puck. He doesn’t stand back and let others do the work. He doesn’t wait for the puck anywhere he goes and gets it. Until Mitch goes and gets it he isn’t helping anything. Three apples for Martin because he goes and gets it.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
No one lives in those areas. All you had to do was watch Schwartz last night. He’s a dog on a bone around the puck. He doesn’t stand back and let others do the work. He doesn’t wait for the puck anywhere he goes and gets it. Until Mitch goes and gets it he isn’t helping anything. Three apples for Martin because he goes and gets it.
You seem to be missing my point, but that's okay. If only we had more Matt Martin's on this team :facepalm:

Jun 27, 2005
Fourth line. If he can’t play there that’s a problem. He has what 3 points in 10 games and 1 a primary assist on a play that was all, yik s, Bozak

Marner has 3 points in his last 7 games playing on the 4th line most of the time. Nylander has 2 points in his last 7 games playing with Matthews. It's pretty obvious what needs to be done.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
You seem to be missing my point, but that's okay. If only we had more Matt Martin's on this team :facepalm:
I’m missing your point or you’re missing mine? You seem to think you can play perimeter in this NHL and be successful. You can’t. You have to be fast nd hard on a forcheck. You have to fight on the boards for pucks. No matter what size.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Marner has 3 points in his last 7 games playing on the 4th line most of the time. Nylander has 2 points in his last 7 games playing with Matthews. It's pretty obvious what needs to be done.
Please. Marner has 3 points in 10 games against 4th liners. Nylander has 6 points against top talent. Many believe Marner can drive a line. He can’t even drive a fourth line.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Marner will be fine but I'm sick of him constantly skating towards the puck carrier and closing down the ice on every f***ing rush . It's like he's keeping track when's the last time he touched the puck so he can at least pick up a 2nd assist .

On the Borgman goal last night Marner was almost on top of Martin trying to get a touch before Martin made the cross ice pass . He has to stop playing like a 10 year old .

Last edited:
Reactions: thewave

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Marner will be fine but I'm suck of him constantly skating towards the puck carrier and closing down the ice on every ****ing rush . It's like he's keeping track when's the last time he touched the puck so he can sleays St least pick up a 2nd assist .

On the Borgman goal last night Marner was almost on top of Martin trying to get a touch before Martin made the cross ice pass . He has to stop playing like a 10 year old .
Gonna be difficult because he’s been able to play that way his whole life. I’d like him to be wildly successful because it’d help this team. I just don’t think he has the game to re adjust.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Marner is tied with the best Corsi on the team so some of his numbers this year may just be bad luck.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Please. Marner has 3 points in 10 games against 4th liners. Nylander has 6 points against top talent. Many believe Marner can drive a line. He can’t even drive a fourth line.

Has Nylander ever driven his own line? Maybe they should trade places and see what happens.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Yep, said this many times. Marner needs to play at a fast pace similar to Matthews and Nylander, problem is there aren't enough linemates to go around. It'll all work out eventually and any perceived struggles will be long forgotten.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->