Where is S.Weiss...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

He's played extremely well for San Antonio thus far (8GP 4g 2a, team leader in pts). With an injury to Matt Cullen (sports hernia), the Panthers are already preparing to call Weiss up and see how he does as the #2 center for FL. Once Cullen is placed on the IR to free up the spot, I think Dudley has made mention that Weiss will get a chance to prove himself ready for the 2nd line center duties.

He didn't have a great training camp but really the reason he was sent down was because he didn't have to pass thru waivers and no one else made sense to get sent down. He also needed to work on finding his offensive game again. Best way to do that is play lotsa mins and he wasn't going to get that in FL as a 3rd line center like last season. FL can really use him now too...they're struggling in the faceoff circle and give up a ton of shots because no one is willing to block them up high (2 areas that Weiss excels at).

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
RichPanther said:
He's played extremely well for San Antonio thus far (8GP 4g 2a, team leader in pts). With an injury to Matt Cullen (sports hernia), the Panthers are already preparing to call Weiss up and see how he does as the #2 center for FL. Once Cullen is placed on the IR to free up the spot, I think Dudley has made mention that Weiss will get a chance to prove himself ready for the 2nd line center duties.

He didn't have a great training camp but really the reason he was sent down was because he didn't have to pass thru waivers and no one else made sense to get sent down. He also needed to work on finding his offensive game again. Best way to do that is play lotsa mins and he wasn't going to get that in FL as a 3rd line center like last season. FL can really use him now too...they're struggling in the faceoff circle and give up a ton of shots because no one is willing to block them up high (2 areas that Weiss excels at).

Your comment is pretty apreciate... Thank a lot. I happier now because you wrote that Weiss is off a good start in the AHl and may be call up sooner than later.. :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad