Where is MA Fleury playing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachoo

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Did he get sent back down to Juniors? He hasn't been in goal for the Pens since before the World Juniors.

Anyone know where he is playing and if there are any plans for him to be back with the Penguins this season?

Pachoo

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Van said:
He played in Finland over the Christmas break...that's why.

The other players in World Juniors didn't take 2 weeks off after World Juniors. Fleury did. Just curious was all. I thought he would have been back in net for the Pens a week ago.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Fleury didn't take two weeks off. The WJCs finished Jan. 6. It took him a few days to get things in check before he arrived in Pittsburgh the following Sunday which was the 11th. He didn't play for a few reasons:

1. You don't throw a 19 year old goaltender immediately into the NHL after not playing at the top level for so long, particularly with no practise

2. Even at practise, it would take time for Fleury to adapt to the standard of shots that he'll get in an NHL game (please, no jokes about the Penguins not being up to NHL standard)

3. Jean-Sebastien Aubin was playing the best he has in three years. Not starting JS wasn't an option.

Its not an issue of him taking time off. Starting Fleury simply wasn't practical at the time.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Pachoo said:
The other players in World Juniors didn't take 2 weeks off after World Juniors. Fleury did. Just curious was all. I thought he would have been back in net for the Pens a week ago.
Talbot has played in 1 game since returning. Dixon two. Crosby only a couple as well.

BCCHL inactive

Pachoo said:

Most players returning to their junior teams did get time off. Most are only starting to play games for their teams now.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
A decent outting, if only strikingly similar to the Can-US game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->