Speculation: Where does Tavares end up??

Where does Tavares end up??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I don't care their age because they aren't nothing special.
You have 0 elite prospects, 0 franchise u25 players on the roster& you have the worst C group in the entire league.
The 2 guys that have been expected to carry the team are +30 and have both gone through longterm injuries this year, their peaks forms could be in the past. Pac has 1 more year left.

Your management has been a mess, Bergevin has destroyed the team yet I'm supposed to believe he'll fix it in 1 offseason?
Must be a Bruins fan.:laugh:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I’m not Tavares, but if I were, I wouldn’t even consider going to a team that wouldn’t immediately be a contender by adding me. That means a team that already has a established #1D and #2D, an established #1G, top-6 wingers, a good #2C, and quality depth. How many teams like that can afford him? SJ, St. Louis? Who else?
Jersey

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I must have missed Jersey acquiring a #1D.

They got Mirco Mueller, remember? :sarcasm:

I honestly think he either stays with the Islanders or comes here to San Jose. The Sharks have a huge amount of cap space, and can offer him a Scrooge McDuck money bin level of deal, if that's what it takes to entice him. They can also pitch him on a team that is a perennial contender, and has a good mix of vets and youth. The biggest thing the Sharks need is a true #1C going forward, since good as Thornton is, he's not going to be that really in the future. Tavares is literally the perfect fit for what the team needs. Depending on how much Tavares' contract ends up being, the Sharks could actually afford to get Tavares, keep Kane, and even bring back Thornton to be the #2 or #3C. I hope it happens. Still think odds are highly in favor of him staying with the Isles, though.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
No doubt in my mind that the Canucks offer him 12x7+NMC+front loaded+max bonuses.

Whether he takes it or not is the question.

Probably not though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Must be a Bruins fan.:laugh:

Proven core,
Bergeron, Marchand, Krecji, Chara, Rask, Backes, Krug.

u25 core, McAvoy, Pasta, Carlo, DeBrusk, Heinen.

Youth depth, Grzelcyk, Vaakanainen, Bjork, Frederic, Donato, Senyshyn, Zboril, Lauzon, JFK.

You're welcome to explain how Montreal is anywhere close to Boston.

Montreal has 0 franchise players(u25), 0 elite prospects, Bergevin has made a mess of things yet none of these are true somehow.

If they "aren't nothing special" that means they ARE special because of the double negative. I'm surprised you would praise Habs players like that.

I apologize for my mistake.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'd say Montreal. Only way I can see Bergs selling Molson on keeping his job. Bergs and his agent are best friends, sounds like there is a chance there. Can't see him staying on Long Island after they never added at deadline despite being in playoff race at time. Not the kind of message you want to send to your star free agent.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Proven core,
Bergeron, Marchand, Krecji, Chara, Rask, Backes, Krug.

u25 core, McAvoy, Pasta, Carlo, DeBrusk, Heinen.

Youth depth, Grzelcyk, Vaakanainen, Bjork, Frederic, Donato, Senyshyn, Zboril, Lauzon, JFK.

You're welcome to explain how Montreal is anywhere close to Boston.

Montreal has 0 franchise players(u25), 0 elite prospects, Bergevin has made a mess of things yet none of these are true somehow.

I apologize for my mistake.

Proven Core:
Price, Weber, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Petry , Tavares;)

U25 Core:
Galchenyuk, Drouin, Lehkonen, Mete, Juulsen, Scherbak

Youth Depth: Ryan Poehling, Jake Evans, Joni Ikonen, Charlie Lindgren, Cayden Primeau, 2018 1st round pick

It’s hard holding all that hate in isn’t it ? Lol

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Proven Core:

U25 Core:

Youth Depth: Ryan Poehling, Jake Evans, Joni Ikonen, Charlie Lindgren, Cayden Primeau, 2018 1st round pick

Curious question......
What ever happened to Fucale?
Did he quit hockey?

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
Proven Core:

U25 Core:

As a neutral fan, Boston's group is pretty easily better. Even with Tavares.

Reactions: Estlin
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Curious question......
What ever happened to Fucale?
Did he quit hockey?
He's struggling in the AHL. Still getting some wins on a horrible team but his GAA and S% is really bad. He might still be in the ECHL next year if Niemi stick around. He's probably available for trade but no one is interested.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Proven Core:

U25 Core:

Yeah that's not a top contender.

Not even close to Bostons group, not even close.

Boston has +ppg player, ppg players, the best shutdown C in the league and McAvoy/Chara/Krug on defense, Rask in net, and ton of quality depth on the youth group.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yeah that's not a top contender.

Not even close to Bostons group, not even close.

Boston has +ppg player, ppg players, the best shutdown C in the league and McAvoy/Chara/Krug on defense, Rask in net, and ton of quality depth on the youth group.

Yeah, you’re not really a good evaluator of talent or the parity of the league

Montreal has 4 guys capable of putting up 30 goals. The best goaltender in the best shit down defenseman in the league who also scores about 20 goals every year and a plethora of talented young defence and forwards on the cusp of breaking out.

Your bias and hate for the habs is so obvious, just stop man. It’s kinda sad tbh

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah, you’re not really a good evaluator of talent or the parity of the league

Montreal has 4 guys capable of putting up 30 goals. The best goaltender in the best **** down defenseman in the league who also scores about 20 goals every year and a plethora of talented young defence and forwards on the cusp of breaking out.

Your bias and hate for the habs is so obvious, just stop man. It’s kinda sad tbh

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh man, I'm amazed Bergevin still has defenders left.
If you think Montreal is anywhere close to Boston I'm speechless.

Reactions: Estlin

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Feeling Montreal and not just because I’m a Habs fan. I think there is a want from both sides potentially there.

Bergevin will give him max years for security and also give him a blank cheque tell him to fill it out with his number.

Plays first line center which the Habs have needed like forever. Plus Tavares wants to be the go to guy in the team he goes to IMO. He is captain material in case Pacioretty is dealt his off-season.

Potential playing with:

Drouin/Pacioretty Tavares Gallagher

A lot of promise for a line like that. Not saying Weber and Price would sway him to go play there but it is nice knowing they have a top 15 dman and top 5 goalie in the league.

If they were to win the lottery we’re talking a huge boost of potential interest and re-tool as well.

Drouin Tavares Gallagher
Pacioretty Galchenyuk Scherbak
Byron Danault Shaw
Lehkonen Deslauriers Hudon

Dahlin Weber
Reilly Petry
Alzner Mete
Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

That’s potentially solid but there is still other free agents that could be signed to fill out better depth. I do like the adding of youth in the backend.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Feeling Montreal and not just because I’m a Habs fan. I think there is a want from both sides potentially there.

Bergevin will give him max years for security and also give him a blank cheque tell him to fill it out with his number.

Plays first line center which the Habs have needed like forever. Plus Tavares wants to be the go to guy in the team he goes to IMO. He is captain material in case Pacioretty is dealt his off-season.

Potential playing with:

Drouin/Pacioretty Tavares Gallagher

A lot of promise for a line like that. Not saying Weber and Price would sway him to go play there but it is nice knowing they have a top 15 dman and top 5 goalie in the league.

If they were to win the lottery we’re talking a huge boost of potential interest and re-tool as well.

Drouin Tavares Gallagher
Pacioretty Galchenyuk Scherbak
Byron Danault Shaw
Lehkonen Deslauriers Hudon

Dahlin Weber
Reilly Petry
Alzner Mete
Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

That’s potentially solid but there is still other free agents that could be signed to fill out better depth. I do like the adding of youth in the backend.

Sexy lol. But I doubt we win the draft. Still. So many great young puckmovers available. We can draft one to play with Weber or draft a pacioretty replacement and trade him for a dman. Exciting for sure. With all that cap space you know something big is coming in. Hope it’s johnny T

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Who in their right mind would want to go to that tire fire in Montreal?

Montreal is not a tire fire. Its a team with a solid core that just did an admiral tank job and is now in position to add to that core with: a log jam of talent at left wing enabling a potential hockey trade, 15-20m in cap space to sign ufa's, and a 50% shot at drafting top 3 plus 4 more top 60 picks.

I know it's fun for you to feed into habs fans disdain for the current management but your statement has no basis at all.
Montreal has an extremely high quality of life and a uniquely hockey-centric culture. There is no reason any ufa wouldn't want to sign here unless they're some wussy scared of the limelight type, which i do not believe Tavares is.

Reactions: KawaYui

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
If the Habs still had Radulov, then.....
That’s one hell of a top line.
Then put Galchenyuk back at C between Drouin and Gallagher and you have a fast skilled 2nd line.
Move Shaw back to RW on the 3rd with Lehkonen- Danault
And your 4th.... well the Habs have lots of bottom guys.

Pacioretty- Tavares- Radulov
Drouin- Galchenyuk- Gallagher
Lehkonen- Danault- Shaw

maybe
patch-tavares-svechnikov/wahlstrom
?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Montreal is not a tire fire. Its a team with a solid core that just did an admiral tank job and is now in position to add to that core with: a log jam of talent at left wing enabling a potential hockey trade, 15-20m in cap space to sign ufa's, and a 50% shot at drafting top 3 plus 4 more top 60 picks.

I know it's fun for you to feed into habs fans disdain for the current management but your statement has no basis at all.
Montreal has an extremely high quality of life and a uniquely hockey-centric culture. There is no reason any ufa wouldn't want to sign here unless they're some wussy scared of the limelight type, which i do not believe Tavares is.
50% odds at drafting top 3??

More like 70+% odds of drafting 4-7.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Definitely not NJ. Same deal as the isles. Great forwards no defense or goaltending. If that’s what he wanted he would just stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->