Speculation: Where does Carter Hutton go?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Carter Hutton was incredible this past season and now he's a UFA and he is going to get paid.

Somebody that needs a goalie is going to pay Carter Hutton big money just like Scott Darling last year. But just like Scott Darling last year Carter Hutton isn't the guy.

Who makes that mistake? Who pays Carter Hutton all the money?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Could see Colorado taking a swing. Varlamov can’t stay healthy and they have cap space out the ying yang. They don’t have anybody else in their organization with NHL experience to even serve as the backup.

Could see them signing him at one year with an overpayment in salary. Hutton probably wants to get a few years on his contract but Colorado will have no issue offering him a one year deal lucrative enough to probably turn down a 2 year deal from another team.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
A team with cap space might take a chance.

Give him 2 or 3 years at decent money and see what happens.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Buffalo can afford a 3 year pricey deal. They have no goalie prospects other than Ullmark who he’d be competing with for the next few years.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
I believe the wings are going to make an offer being all they have is howard left from the mrazek trade, I could see a 6 mil over 2 year deal for him from the wings.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He's not the guy Buffalo needs

I wonder who you’d suggest.

They need someone to split starts with Ullmark. That eliminates bad backups and high priced starters. They need someone who has earned a shot at more starts by proving to be a capable back up.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Carter Hutton was incredible this past season and now he's a UFA and he is going to get paid.

Somebody that needs a goalie is going to pay Carter Hutton big money just like Scott Darling last year. But just like Scott Darling last year Carter Hutton isn't the guy.

Who makes that mistake? Who pays Carter Hutton all the money?

Id love for the Flyers to trade Neuvirth and sign Hutton to a 2 year deal even if they have to over pay. They have plenty of cap space and need a bridge to Carter Hart that can actually win a Playoff series. Elliott/Neuvirth is an awful tandem.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wonder who you’d suggest.

They need someone to split starts with Ullmark. That eliminates bad backups and high priced starters. They need someone who has earned a shot at more starts by proving to be a capable back up.

I don't know that the guy Buffalo needs is out there right now, but IF he is it's Gruabuer out of Washington.

Truth is this should have been addressed years ago when Andersen, Fluery, Bishop etc. were on the market.

Instead they spent a 1st on Lehner while Bosser and Konecny were available

Reactions: CacOBG and Rebels57

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Id love for the Flyers to trade Neuvirth and sign Hutton to a 2 year deal even if they have to over pay. They have plenty of cap space and need a bridge to Carter Hart that can actually win a Playoff series. Elliott/Neuvirth is an awful tandem.

Wasn't Elliott meant to be that Bridge?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't know that the guy Buffalo needs is out there right now, but IF he is it's Gruabuer out of Washington.

Truth is this should have been addressed years ago when Andersen, Fluery, Bishop etc. were on the market.

Instead they spent a 1st on Lehner while Bosser and Konecny were available

They should have kept that pick and drafted Samsonov.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Of course. There were some amazing players available and they ended up with Lehner. Yikes.

Exactly Bosser Konecny Samsonov Aho, Hell Dermott who isn't as skilled as the others but will be a top 4 D man could have been Sabres.

Instead Lehner

swing and a miss

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
He is a career #2 but last season he was more the #1 for the Blues and I think a lot of teams who really need a goalie is going to try him out there. I wish the Blues can get him back but I think the price maybe to high. I think at best, Allen and Hutton doing a 50/50 on starts would be the best case. Allen just doesn't seem to have the mental side to be the full time stater. I think right now there is a greater chance Husso is coming up this year which is good for cap and if he does well. Maybe the long term answer.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I believe the wings are going to make an offer being all they have is howard left from the mrazek trade, I could see a 6 mil over 2 year deal for him from the wings.

Not sure it'll be a $3 million deal but I do think Detroit is a legitimate landing spot. Good for both parties. With Howard only having a year left, it's a great opportunity for him moving forward.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
A major reason for him testing FA seems to be that he wants to try his luck as a #1. It seems to me that if he was content signing a contract in a backup role that he and the Blues would be looking at a deal (pending their intentions on Allen and their trust in Husso).

He's a great guy and I wish him the best of luck, but I don't know about his ability to play as a starter for 50+ games per year. It seems, though, that that's the expectation from his side so that's something bidding fans should keep in mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->