Where do YOU want Ovechkin to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Realistically

Pittsburg. Its got to be Pittsburg because they have the greatest need of a draw card player. Fluery could be great but people go to games to see Mario and Gretzky wow plays, not Broduer and Hasek wow plays. If they don't get an offensive superstar they are just going to go bust and be the Portland Penguins when Mario retires.

Otherwise I'd love to see him on an offensive team that plays the game the way it should be.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Stevex said:
Nashville or Pittsburgh.

I kinda feel Atlanta and Florida have already had their go.

I think it's Nashville over everyone else. They are the only expansion team that doesn't have a future gamebreaker. Pitt has Fluery, Columbus has Nash, and so forth.

LHJMQ MASTER

May 11, 2002
Halifax. NS.
Visit site
I think he should go to Edmonton or to Vancouver. Put him ryan smith and they'll never loss. put him with the twins in vancouver and unstopable. although For Vancouver to get him they'd probly have to give up the twins.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
LHJMQ MASTER said:
I think he should go to Edmonton or to Vancouver. Put him ryan smith and they'll never loss. put him with the twins in vancouver and unstopable. although For Vancouver to get him they'd probly have to give up the twins.

and they'd be stupid not to, if they had the chance...but you won't find a team in the league that would trade ovechkin for the sedins.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
thecanucker said:
Canuks- That would be awsome:yo:

Why? The Canucks would let him stay in russia one year, he'd come here, play second line, with the sedins, then after his 3 year contract he'd hold out for some ludcicrous amount of money. Although the CBA is coming...Hmmmm.... :dunno: :bow:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Pittsburgh I would be happy for their real dedicated fans ...
Edmonton .. They are always giving chance for youth guns..
Montreal .. he will (I hope) turn the franchise around and put us on the good track ...

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Calgary or the Bolts, though there is no chance for Tampa to get him and I really hope Calgary doesn't have a chance at getting him (as weird as that may sound).

That is assuming the team who gets the 1st picks doesn't trade it (cause they'd be crazy if they did)

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
In a perfect world I can picture Ovechkin blazing down the ice wearing the winged wheel on Pavel Datsyuk's wing. :yo:

I guess I will have to be satisfied watching that pairing on Russian national teams for year to come. How about a Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Ovechkin line at the World Cup? :bow:

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Epsilon said:
In a perfect world I can picture Ovechkin blazing down the ice wearing the winged wheel on Pavel Datsyuk's wing. :yo:

I guess I will have to be satisfied watching that pairing on Russian national teams for year to come. How about a Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Ovechkin line at the World Cup? :bow:
I have an easy solution for you. Wings trade Datsyuk to Atlanta for eh... Patty Stefan ;), tank the rest of the season, and viola - Ovechkin is theirs. Hey, it can happen. The Wings got rid of all their Russians already; who's to say Datsyuk is not the next one to go? He may be young and talented, but so is Patty (supposedly :p).

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Well, the only reason i'd hate to see Ovechkin land in Pittsburgh is because he wouldn't have very much support and it would be pretty hard to generate offense like we know he probably will without any help. Penguins fans will probably jump all over me for that, but there really isn't that much established talent there anymore.

Besides him playing with Eric Staal in Carolina, which would be fantastic, I would love to see him land on the Nashville Preds. This is a good young team and i'm thinking with Legwand and Upshall and the goaltending that team has that he could really push them over the top.

Oiler94

Jul 9, 2003
Oiltown
Ofcourse I'll say Edmonton because that's my hometown, but if I were to pick another team in the league, it'd be Atlanta, just to see how he'd do with Ilya.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
It'd be awesome to see Ovechkin in Atlanta, with Kovalchuk and Heatley.

Nashville would be my second choice. It's a new market, and people in Nashville seem to be pretty excited about their franchise.

I would like to see him in a big city where he is visible, but with a young franchise where he can make an impact. Like Kovalchuk in Atlanta. If Rangers drafted Ilya, he'd be warming the bench; if he went to Columbus, he wouldn't have the exposure.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Bobby Orr's Knees said:
I would like to see him in a big city where he is visible, but with a young franchise where he can make an impact. Like Kovalchuk in Atlanta. If Rangers drafted Ilya, he'd be warming the bench; if he went to Columbus, he wouldn't have the exposure.

How wouldn't he be getting any exposure in Columbus? Playing on a line with Nash and Zherdev next season would bring him and the team the exposure the team deserves.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
I think Atlanta would be a really good place for him. It's gotta be a place where he can develop properly. Minnesota might be a good place but the trap might sqeeze off his offense a bit. But I doubt Minnesota will miss the playoffs anyway. I think he should go to a young expansion team. They wouldn't have too much pressure on them.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
hm, you make a good point there.

in fact, i move that...from now on...in addition to fighting for the stanley cup...teams shall fight for the first draft pick! that way...all of the GOOD players will go to teams that are ALREADY good....and really get their chance to shine! why didn't anyone think of this earlier?

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
Not Atlanta, Nashville, Carolina, Tampa etc.. I hope he goes to a hockey city. Edmonton or Montreal.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
BartG101 said:
Not Atlanta, Nashville, Carolina, Tampa etc.. I hope he goes to a hockey city. Edmonton or Montreal.

well, there's no chance of these cities BECOMING hockey cities, if they don't get top end talent consistently. it's not like you're talking about a canadian pride posterboy here. this is a russian scorer. it makes no statement to have him play for edmonton or montreal...or any US city. he goes to the team that, through the draft process, needs him the most. please refrain from ignorant, nationalistic comments in the future.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Calgary

Yes im an Oilers fan.. but come on.. someone needs to save that team. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad