Where do YOU want Ovechkin to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundried TOmato

Oct 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Since this kid is supposed to be one of the greatest talents to come along in decades, I want to get maximum enjoyment out of his presence in the NHL. Thus, I would hate to see him on a team that:

1. Consistently fails to develop its prospects
2. Plays trap (or only plays trap for now out of necessity)
3. Does not play responsible hockey

My top choices:
Thrashers (Ovechkin, Heatley, Kovalchuk - need I say more?)
Blue Jackets
Bolts

My "I hope this doesn't happen" choices:
Capitals
Flames
Sabres

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
I'd love to see him as an Oiler as well, it would eb the second coming of Wayne at Skyreach. And there is no team i enjoy watching more in the playoffs than the Oil, he can give them that extra spark to finally beat Dallas in the opening round

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
the Canucks ofcourse.... Ovechkin with Naslund or Bertuzzi!! especially in the offensive system we play!

of course that ain't happening... so to any eastern team... that way I get to enjoy him tearing it up against the competition, rather than see him tear it up against us a half dozen times a year!

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
The moon, since he wont ever be playing for my team.

Seriously though, of all the teams likely to get him, I like the idea of seeing him on a line with Kastytsin, so Montreal.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Obviously I'd want him in Montreal.

But other than that, wouldn't mind seeing him in Nashville, Pittsburgh, Phoenix. Bring some fans into the seats.

DJyellow

Sponsor
May 9, 2002
Laval
If not Montreal, then the Canes or the Penguins...

wow! Fleury + Ovechkin... talk about players you want to build your team around

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Sundried TOmato said:
Since this kid is supposed to be one of the greatest talents to come along in decades, I want to get maximum enjoyment out of his presence in the NHL. Thus, I would hate to see him on a team that:

1. Consistently fails to develop its prospects
2. Plays trap (or only plays trap for now out of necessity)
3. Does not play responsible hockey

My top choices:
Thrashers (Ovechkin, Heatley, Kovalchuk - need I say more?)
Blue Jackets
Bolts

My "I hope this doesn't happen" choices:
Capitals
Flames
Sabres

One would hope that whatever team drafts him knows what kind of game he plays, and allows him to play that game. I can't imagine a single team in the NHL that wouldn't give him the opportunity to do what he does best. It's pretty silly to pick teams that you don't want him to play for unless that team is a rival of your team. None of Washington, Calgary, or Buffalo will turn Ovechkin into a 4th line checker.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Nashville or Pittsburgh.

I kinda feel Atlanta and Florida have already had their go.

Godzilla

Washington... ;)

Ovechkin, Semin, Fehr, Sutherby, Gordon, Eminger, Ouellet

:yo:

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
We can't just think of ourselves here, or I would want him to go to the Avs, but the Avs won't miss the playoffs anyway and even if they did they are horrible with their prospects so that would not be a good place for Ovechkin. I'd like to see him on a defensively responsible team but not a trapping team. There would have to be a big team-first atmosphere on the team he goes to. A hard-working team......hmmmmmm. Anybody know of a team like that who will miss the playoffs? Maybe a young expansion team? Any suggestions?

uzziman

Nov 6, 2002
Abby
Visit site
I just hope he gets picked by a team that I'm gonna see more than once a year.

I really hope that Pittsburgh gets him. I've never been a big fan of the Pens, but they really need someone that will draw fans and keep the team where it is.

st_roland

I'd like to see him play on a young team with 2 good playmaking centers, a good coach and a veteran winger to help him get acclimated to the NHL. I'd say:
Atlanta
Tampa
Ottawa(Ovechkin-Spezza-Havlat)<-Best young line in the universe
Colorado-biased homer pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad