When Will We Begin The Slafkovsky Discussion? - UPDATE: Hatrick Against Philadelphia April 9, 2024

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I just want to highlight the fact that this thread only exists because of the ridiculously dumb thread made earlier in the season about how Slafkovsky was the worst 1st pick ever. :laugh:

Aside from that, it's nice to see him do well on the top line, but let's wait a lot longer to judge whether or not he is going to be a 1st liner.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Wait I thought Arber was the Unicorn or was that Florian? So Juraj too? Jebus we're gonna need a stable for all these Unicorns. I wonder what they call a group of Unicorns? A Blessing of Unicorns.

Maybe Xhekaj is Albanian for unicorn

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I still think I take Cooley in a redraft but I really like watching Slavkovsky play. I’m really interested to see his career progress because he’s a uniquely entertaining player to watch.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I just want to highlight the fact that this thread only exists because of the ridiculously dumb thread made earlier in the season about how Slafkovsky was the worst 1st pick ever. :laugh:

Aside from that, it's nice to see him do well on the top line, but let's wait a lot longer to judge whether or not he is going to be a 1st liner.
There's no need to wait, he is already one. He's been playing like a legitimate first liner for 3/4 of the season now.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I still think I take Cooley in a redraft but I really like watching Slavkovsky play. I’m really interested to see his career progress because he’s a uniquely entertaining player to watch.
Why? He has better stats that Cooley this year. Be happy with / for him.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Habs fans were in love with Kirby Dach after a hot streak.
Not sure how this is a good example unless Slaf is also injured 80% of the time, nothing in Dach's play has suggested he wouldn't deserve the hype. The injuries have been a massive bummer. In fact the very short glimpse we got to see from Dach and Slafkovsky playing together was really, really promising. I think we'd have seen even more impressive numbers from Slaf this year had Dach stayed healthy.

Reactions: waitin425

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
hasnt there been a Slav conversation going on since he got drafted? lol

Juraj Slafkovsky has 19 points in his last 21 games.

He is also now just 2 points shy of the record for most points by a 19 year Habs player.

I hate the Habs but this kid is special. Where are the haters?
dont really need to hate on Slav. but passing on Michkov now there's something to laugh at

• Haha
Reactions: waitin425

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
hasnt there been a Slav conversation going on since he got drafted? lol

dont really need to hate on Slav. but passing on Michkov now there's something to laugh at

LOL Michkov again? 6 teams skipped on him. Why only mention the Habs? Why did Anaheim, Columbus or San jose not draft Michkov?

Reactions: viceroy

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Slafkovsky with another point

"Slafkovsky is out there! He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And He absolutely will not stop... ever, until you lose!" -Some poor soul on some NHL team

Reactions: golgoXIII

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
He's like when the Sens drafted Zibanejad. Took a while for Zibby to arrive, but when he did, it became quite obvious that the Sens were just way ahead of the curve.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Did you ever pass your math class? Michkov has drafted #7. I don't remember him being drafted third in the 2023 draft....

Did you ever watch Michkov play or are you just riding the hype? :rolleyes:
other than highlights no not really, do you regularly get KHL games on your tv?

Yeah Michkov was never going over Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli or Smith due to not coming over for a while. maybe if he was able to right away. so really it comes down to MTL and ARZ passing on him.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Juraj Slafkovsky has 19 points in his last 21 games.

He is also now just 2 points shy of the record for most points by a 19 year Habs player.

I hate the Habs but this kid is special. Where are the haters?
Perhaps there should be a special board for non playoff teams summer threads? I mean how many threads do we need about small sample sizes here?

Reactions: Voight

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007

if he hits 45 pts he will join only 17 other players in the last 10 years to do so under age 20:

McDavid (X2)
Laine (X2)
Matthews
Svechnikov
Keller
Marner
Stutzle
Raymond
Eichel
Bedard
Hischier (X2)
Aho
Dubois
M Tkachuk
B Tkachuk
Werenski
Larkin

Pretty good company

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
good to see Slav doing well, in the end I really dont give a shit about our rivalry. dont like to put a kid down just cause of the logo on his jersey. I mean sometimes it's fun to poke when a guys not doing well but Im sure everyone can understand that

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad