When will the "Tentative" Deal be Announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Tuesday . . . no way they announce on the 4th, they want coverage. I am betting from reading between the lines that the deal is already done. They just know that many have already gone on their holiday and want to wait until the 4th is over.

It also fits reports of the deal being reached by yesterday. They just missed it seems and the holiday would stomp on their parade, so they are waiting. But I am betting that they wanted to announce yesterday.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
And this could work out perfectly, no? Isn't the upcoming week just about the perfect time for an announcement, in terms of the sporting calendar in the US? The NBA draft talk has concluded, and there's still another full week before the MLB All-Star break. Is there anything else of any real significance on the sporting calendar, or is it basically as good a dead time as we're going to find? They could announce on Tuesday and basically have the rest of the week to themselves.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
The official press conference where bob and gary sit there and play nice for the cameras will come on July 18, though I think it'll leak that a deal has been signed on the 16th or 17th.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Wednesday the 6th - Friday the 8th, we will hear "deal done". The specifics will come out likely a day after the deal is announced. But it won't be officially announced yet, by Bettman.. Just TSN, SN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad