When will the people start hearing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

swflyers8*

To me, longer is better. Means they are at least negotiating. If it was quick we would have no season.

Oilhitch

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
HungryforHockey25 said:
To me, longer is better. Means they are at least negotiating. If it was quick we would have no season.

To me it doesnt matter how long it takes as long as it's the RIGHT deal.....whatever that is :dunno:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Every hour that passes with no info...is another 4% of hope im my book.

We are up to about 16% chance of a season.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Every hour that passes with no info...is another 4% of hope im my book.

We are up to about 16% chance of a season.

any mathematical or scientific reason why you chose 4% per hour??? :D

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
TSN says an NHL press conference will be held today. This could be a cancelled season announcement, or a counter-proposal announcement.

A league spokesman said no talks were scheduled for tommorow.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
L3thaL 1ndustry said:

DId you actually read the article? It says that league representatives are headed home, although that doesn't mean the season is doomed because an anonymous league rep said that talks may be established again in the next couple of days.

If this is the case, the NHL is preparing a counter-proposal.

Kid Canada

Dec 9, 2004
Saying 'no season' whoever said that a few posts above, is just insane.

Read the article. It says the nhl is likely going to propose a counter offer, and deliver it to the nhlpa maybe sometime next week. Makes sense.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
puck you said:
DId you actually read the article? It says that league representatives are headed home, although that doesn't mean the season is doomed because an anonymous league rep said that talks may be established again in the next couple of days.

If this is the case, the NHL is preparing a counter-proposal.

Exactly, anyone who thought the NHL was going to accept this offer straight up is foolish and naive.

L3thaL 1ndustry

Aug 10, 2004
They had no link on the front page when I copied and pasted that from Sportsnet.

I guess we'll get a definitive answer once the league holds this press conference.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
puck you said:
According to SNET, they are expected to counter within the next few days.

well, with the rolling 45 day cancellations, my estimate is that d-day is next Wednesday the 15th. If hockey doesn't start by late january early february, then this season is scrapped.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Tuggy said:
I would think that they would at least want to see the PA's offer first.

well, this is pure speculation, but I was assuming they'd seen the nhlpa offer prior to the meeting. I figured if we'd heard about it in the media, then they'd have to of had their hands on a copy. :dunno:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
crossxcheck said:
well, this is pure speculation, but I was assuming they'd seen the nhlpa offer prior to the meeting. I figured if we'd heard about it in the media, then they'd have to of had their hands on a copy. :dunno:

I think that what was being reported in the media was just bits and pieces. But if the PA really wanted to show this wasn't just a PR move then they wouldn't let it get released before today.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Tuggy said:
I think that what was being reported in the media was just bits and pieces. But if the PA really wanted to show this wasn't just a PR move then they wouldn't let it get released before today.

very true. I'm still trying to remain optomistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->