When will the people start hearing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
PitkanenPower said:
I heard it was chicken salad on whole wheat, untoasted, with a side of potato salad.... and a cup of tea!

it was and with the crust cut off and the samdwich cut diagonally into two triangles

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
crossxcheck said:
it was and with the crust cut off and the samdwich cut diagonally into two triangles

why would he go triangle?? that just gets messy if you eat it wrong.......

pickles on the side or in the sandwich?

you wouldn't knwo if he took mayo or mustard on it would you?? :dunno:

quick man, i need to know.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Benji Frank said:

I hope nobody chooses to be a hero and poisons the food...breaking off talks instantly...wait...was that Chelios I saw working at Tim Hortons...GARY DON'T EAT IT!!!

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Benji Frank said:

well I was only trying to imply bettman was a child. hence the no crust and triangles.

He had mayo, though. and grey poupon.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
FLYLine4LIFE said:
More info:

-NHL Officials went into the confernce room with about half a dozen empty binders/boxes.

Commantators dont know why.

They're not empty. They contain the NHL's counter proposal...

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
I would be shocked if those boxes arn't the NHL's counter proposal. I suspect the players leaked their proposal to the owners before they sat down today, in order to allow the NHL to create a reasonable counter proposal.

My guess is that the NHL proposal will take the players offer and incorporate the NBA escrow and Luxury Tax system (whereby their is only a tax if the players % of revenue is too high). They might modify this to always have a more minor tax always, and a more penal tax should player salaries exceed a set % or revenue. But guaranteed the NHL will not come back with a "Hard Cap", and guaranteed the NHL will not accept the players proposal (and would be absolutely stupid if they did).

The NHL counteroffer will provide the league with Cost Certainty while mainting a near open market with self corrective salary rollbacks or additions as required to keep player costs at a set % of revenue.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Kid Canada said:
Wouldn't surprise me at all. Hopefully you are correct.

I was being sarcastic... Implying that the counter proposal was invisible ;)

Anyways, I hope your interpretation of my jack ass comment is correct as well...

Another point... It's not uncommon to bring empty binders/boxes to meetings where lots of written information is expected to be presented and shared - in order to put handouts/faxes/notes/binded reports/etc. in them...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
PitkanenPower said:
I heard it was chicken salad on whole wheat, untoasted, with a side of potato salad.... and a cup of tea!

I'm hearing it was Green Tea.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Egil said:
I would be shocked if those boxes arn't the NHL's counter proposal. I suspect the players leaked their proposal to the owners before they sat down today, in order to allow the NHL to create a reasonable counter proposal.

My guess is that the NHL proposal will take the players offer and incorporate the NBA escrow and Luxury Tax system (whereby their is only a tax if the players % of revenue is too high). They might modify this to always have a more minor tax always, and a more penal tax should player salaries exceed a set % or revenue. But guaranteed the NHL will not come back with a "Hard Cap", and guaranteed the NHL will not accept the players proposal (and would be absolutely stupid if they did).

The NHL counteroffer will provide the league with Cost Certainty while mainting a near open market with self corrective salary rollbacks or additions as required to keep player costs at a set % of revenue.

well, what does everyone think the chances are of a deal being reached by tomorrow afternoon?

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
If the players are willing to put in place a open market system that self corrects player costs to the desired % of league revenue (which would then need to be negotiated), then a tentative deal by then is entirely possible.

If the players reject this type of system, then no.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
crossxcheck said:
well, what does everyone think the chances are of a deal being reached by tomorrow afternoon?

I'm feeling optimistic today... first time in a long time... Even wore my Canucks jersey to the office (over my shirt and tie)... I imagine I look rather goofy, but **** it... This is a good day - woke up this morning in anticipation like I do the NHL rookie draft... Hopefully there will be no drafting of Nathan Smith in the first round...

WhoozYerrDaddy

May 5, 2004
I heard that the hold-up was that they were waiting for a booster seat for Gary B.

Maybe one of those things that you hook on the end of the table so that GB can swing his Buster Browns underneath the table and kick people. :lol

Daddy

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Now I don't know what to believe anymore. A buddy of mine just phoned and said he's heard reports that Betman's a vegetarian......... :banghead:

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
WhoozYerrDaddy said:
I heard that the hold-up was that they were waiting for a booster seat for Gary B.

Maybe one of those things that you hook on the end of the table so that GB can swing his Buster Browns underneath the table and kick people. :lol

:lol :lol You guys are bad lol.

Kid Canada

Dec 9, 2004
crossxcheck said:

According to sportsnet, I believe it was sportsnet, there's a meeting scheduled for tomorrow as well.

Chances of a deal being done today? Not a chance in my mind, however the Fan 590 in Toronto is reporting that they could go late into the evening.

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
Kid Canada said:
the Fan 590 in Toronto is reporting that they could go late into the evening.

maaan.. 4 Hours in front of the PC with FAN 590 now.. and no really news... :shakehead

Kid Canada

Dec 9, 2004
coyotechrisz said:
maaan.. 4 Hours in front of the PC with FAN 590 now.. and no really news... :shakehead

Expect another 4 at least. My guess is that the fans/media won't get any type of details until sometime this evening. Since you're in Austria, I feel sorry for you, because late evening, is probably early morning for you.

Kluivert4Ever

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
At this point no news is good news.
The longer they continue the dialog the greater are the chances of getting this thing resolved IMO.

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
Kid Canada said:
Expect another 4 at least. My guess is that the fans/media won't get any type of details until sometime this evening. Since you're in Austria, I feel sorry for you, because late evening, is probably early morning for you.

Yeah.. could be right.. but i think until at least 6-7 pm your time i'll stay up.. ;)

I go with Kluivert4ever .. hope so that no news are good news! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad