Line Combos: When will Romanov play with Weber - The Poll.

When will we get Romanov next to Weber?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe a blessing in disguise just propulsed Roma with Weber. Perhaps those 8 voters out of 89 might were right!

Already up to 12 brilliant prognosticators, since the vote is still open. :m-dance:

expy

Nov 2, 2010
How did he play? I wanted to shelter Romanov a little. Weber usually logs lot of minutes against top lines
Very mediocre. Over the past few weeks, he's been making quite a few soft plays, and many in-zone giveaways.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Already up to 12 brilliant prognosticators, since the vote is still open. :m-dance:
lol they cheat. Should have shut it down sorry. Before promotion night it was 9 posters. There are 3 cheats!

Edit: Well I can't close the poll. I'm just a pleb, I do not have that power.

Reactions: Runner77

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
lol they cheat. Should have shut it down sorry. Before promotion night it was 9 posters. There are 3 cheats!

Edit: Well I can't close the poll. I'm just a pleb, I do not have that power.

Edit 2: Nevermind found a way, poll closed.

Edit 3: @Runner77! You are one of the cheaters lol

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
This.

He's playing well overall. But bring him along slowly.

It's Chiarot, Mete, or a trade. We know Luke Richardson doesn't like Mete's lack of size in that role. So it's Chiarot or a trade.

Yet the pairing was the most effective we've had in the last 3 years along with Ed-Petry. Richardson can GTFO.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So the upgrade LD that we got for Weber should be exposed?

What upgrade? The output of the Chiarot-Weber pairing has been the worst we've had of all the other LDs we've tried. Kulak did better and Mete did better and I would bet Rama would also do better.

The Chiarot experiment needs to end.

If ot's a choice between keeping Ed or Chiarot, you keep the one who has actual chemistry on a pairing on the top 4.

Reactions: Tighthead

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What upgrade? The output of the Chiarot-Weber pairing has been the worst we've had of all the other LDs we've tried. Kulak did better and Mete did better and I would bet Rama would also do better.

If ot's a choice between keeping Ed or Chiarot, you keep the one who has actual chemistry on a pairing on the top 4.

I was not talking about Chiarot... I was clearly talking about an upgrade we would get on Chiarot via trade...

But if he want to go in this year, an upgrade on Chiarot is needed. Unless that upgrade is FA, he will be protected over Edmundson.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

All we have been doing is moving deck chairs on the titanic over the past few years back there. Does it really matter if Chiarot plays with Weber or Schlemko does or Mete? I mean, they all suck.

Edmunson has settled in nicely as Petry's partner. That's great. But we still don't really have a legit strong blueliner on the left side. We'll see about what happens now that Chairot is out.

As for Romanov, he'll be a really good blueliner someday. But we shouldn't be counting on him at this stage in his career. We've got to get some depth on the blueline.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I was not talking about Chiarot... I was clearly talking about an upgrade we would get on Chiarot via trade...
I sincerely hope we pull for an upgrade and not the bandaid. No bargain bin crap on this one.

That fixes the bluline and Romanov can develop properly.

Reactions: Holystik

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
But I was reacting to the choice you gave for the ex-draft... Ed or Chiarot. :huh:

I was not talking about that though... The choice was "Top4 LD upgrade over Chiarot as Weber partner (not Chiarot!)" and Edmundson.

If we acquire an upgrade at LD, like Ekholm for example, he would likely be protected over Edmundson.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
All we have been doing is moving deck chairs on the titanic over the past few years back there. Does it really matter if Chiarot plays with Weber or Schlemko does or Mete? I mean, they all suck.

Edmunson has settled in nicely as Petry's partner. That's great. But we still don't really have a legit strong blueliner on the left side. We'll see about what happens now that Chairot is out.

As for Romanov, he'll be a really good blueliner someday. But we shouldn't be counting on him at this stage in his career. We've got to get some depth on the blueline.

The Mete-Weber pairing didn't suck. It had the best output of any pairing we've had over the last years, with close to 1000 minutes played at ES which is significant, not counting Ed-Petry. It was a functional pairing. It's not a question of talent, but rather one one of who fits better with who.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I was not talking about that though... The choice was "Top4 LD upgrade over Chiarot as Weber partner (not Chiarot!)" and Edmundson.

If we acquire an upgrade at LD, like Ekholm for example, he would likely be protected over Edmundson.

Ah ok, sorry for the mix-up

I would'nt protect Weber and Chiarot in that case. Keep Ek, Ed and Petry. Rama can take Weber's place on Ek's right.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Mete-Weber pairing didn't suck. It had the best output of any pairing we've had over the last years, with close to 1000 minutes played at ES which is significant, not counting Ed-Petry. It was a functional pairing. It's not a question of talent, but rather one one of who fits better with who.
Weber carried a young player who shouldn't have been on that pairing. It's a series of band aid fixes and guys playing above where they should. Jordie Benn was on the top pairing for a good portion of when he played here. That just can't happen if you expect to be competitive in this league.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Weber carried a young player who shouldn't have been on that pairing. It's a series of band aid fixes and guys playing above where they should. Jordie Benn was on the top pairing for a good portion of when he played here. That just can't happen if you expect to be competitive in this league.

Doesn't change the fact the pairing was effective. A speedster would help Weber still, much more than Chia-pet

Jul 6, 2016
Ducharme could try tonight

Edmundson-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Ouellet-Romanov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad