When will Jay Feaster get the axe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
Brian Burke is president and he did a good job rebuilding toronto.
Then you should know Burke and Feaster were good friends even before they worked together in the Flames organization and as a result Feaster is a) not likely to be fired until the rebuild comes to fruition as he is not likely to lose his job over the clubs win/loss record and b) not likely to be fired because Burke likes working with people he knows well and c) Feaster is more willing to work with him than against him in order to build the club.

I know you're a new poster (and probably a little young based on that username) but you should lurk more and read what other people have said before going around and posting baseless opinions.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
yes this is why he will fire him this season.

we all know jay feaster is freakin awful as gm.

Based on?

To answer your question, I think he is safe this season. He navigated the team into a rebuild and I think they will let the team bottom out and see if they start to turn the corner next year.

I guess the end of the 2014/15 season, if we end up last.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
yes this is why he will fire him this season.

we all know jay feaster is freakin awful as gm.

You're right, only thing he's good for is drafting extremely well, negotiating contracts, trading 'immovable contracts', filling franchise needs, and keeping the fan base updated and informed on team decisions. Why would we ever want that. I mean, he even holds the players and teams accountable for their actions, and play on and off the ice. Pfft, get out of here you tub'o'lard, this is sport, not a pie-eating contest amirite?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I too have my criticisms against Feaster, but its too early to tell if he should be fired. If Janowksi, JG, Granlund, Seiloff, Wotherspoon, Gillies, Reinhart, etc. look like they aren't progressing in the next 2 years, then yes, his drafting and development management failed us, his trading (IMO) failed us, and since he's failed to address our needs in the face-off and shoot-out department, I can see him get the chop.

He better hope those draft picks pan out

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
His contract ends at the end of next season I believe. It's never a good idea to go into a season with a lame duck GM, so they should either fire him at the end this season, or extend him. But given what happened with B.Sutter, it's possible they let him run out his contract and simply not re-sign him.

In summary, Feaster's status is up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad