Player Discussion When Will Evan Bouchard Surpass Cody Ceci?

When will Evan Bouchard surpass Cody Ceci?

• In the 2024/25 season or later.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Best part about the flames signing him is that hes not even the worse defender they brought in this season.

Zadorov is worse.

Agreed. Seeing them get high on copium with “but Kylington is a 1D in waiting” is the cherry on top. They pretty much have 2 legit top 4D, of which only one is really a top pair guy and is a 2D at absolute best (Tanev). Hanafin seems like a 2nd pair guy, yay I guess. Other than that, one borderline middle pair guy (Ratmouse) and the rest are a bunch of nada (at this point at least, and I don’t see Kylington or Valamaki being more than high end bottom pair guys unless they take some big steps forward).

The Oilers, meanwhile, have Nurse and Barrie as legit top 4D with Nurse as a 1D (even if more a mid level 1D), Barrie as a 3D.

Bouchard is likely a top 4 guy by Christmas and already looks way better than almost every Flames D. I believe that the performance from Keith yesterday is a sign of middle pair quality defending to come from him and Ceci is a decent stand in on the other side til Bouchard steals that spot. Would rather have a 4K and Ceci bottom pair than what the Flames have as well

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Where's the "He already has" option?

I came in here looking for that very option .

Bouchard is already a better passer , calmer with the puck , has a better shot and defensively he as good going by his showing vs Ceci to date . It is only preseason so I won’t judge Ceci on this until 20 games into the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad