when the players vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
Im guessing they have to go to a vote to officialy agree to a new c.b.a how many of you think it will be a landslide yes and how many of you think it will be closer???
I think it will be a landslide YES!

NiKe----------->Bring It Back :bow:

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
all of the players who played in europe + all of the players shut up by the speech police + all of the players who were told no cap by the exec and were out there saying no cap for 2 years and then were embarassed: these players will vote yes

the hardliners will vote no

Mr.Brownov*

85% will vote NO.
They fire Goodenow.
Negotiations start from scratch.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Mr.Brownov said:
85% will vote NO.
They fire Goodenow.

:biglaugh:

Seriously, though, 70/30 in favour.

IMHO, of course.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
I wonder if the players have already taken a some what informal vote on the current outlines of the deal.

I wouldnt be all that suprised if both sides had already had a quick head count to make sure it would pass before spending all this time writing up the legal document.

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
Mr.Brownov said:
85% will vote NO.
They fire Goodenow.

i don't think that's likely. everyone's about done with this lockout stuff. the damage has been done and it's time to get back to playing. the players understand this, as roenick's expanded comments illustrate. they've given up a lot in making their stand, but it didn't work and it's not worth it. time to strike the best deal possible and back to the ice.

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
davemess said:
I wonder if the players have already taken a some what informal vote on the current outlines of the deal.

I wouldnt be all that suprised if both sides had already had a quick head count to make sure it would pass before spending all this time writing up the legal document.
that makes a ton of sense

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
No way do the players vote against this, for two reasons.

1- They have given up the fight.
2- They know the deal gets worse with each passing week.

Tiki

Mar 1, 2002
Goo Lagoon
Visit site
davemess said:

I would love to think thats the case, but as always have my doubts. It does make a hell of alot of sense though.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
if the players already had an informal vote, i'm guessing that the news would have already leaked

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Le Golie said:
No way do the players vote against this, for two reasons.

1- They have given up the fight.
2- They know the deal gets worse with each passing week.
On

1 - Agreed

2- To a point .. Unless ..

Goodenow said prepare for 18 months to 2 years out .. While I want hockey back just as much as the next person there will always be that WHAT IF scenario, had the players not given in as to what would have happened down the road if the Owners would have given to the point that the deal was not worse but the best they could have gotten in the long run ..

That WHAT IF it looks like we will never no the answer to , unless they don't vote yes in the upcoming vote .. which as I said is unlikely..

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
bcrt2000 said:
if the players already had an informal vote, i'm guessing that the news would have already leaked
Agreed and we would know more actual facts as well on the new CBA because you would never be able to keep 700 players quite ..ie Lady's and Gentlemen I give you Jeremy Roenick ...

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
The Messenger said:
Goodenow said prepare for 18 months to 2 years out .. ..

Publicly.

He also said they'd never accept a cap or linkage.

It's posturing, and the players are clearly still pissed at losing a season, and seem a little suprised that it went this far...

Besides, now that the NBA has wrapped up their CBA in four days, the players are anxious to get the CBA done and to get re-signed before Lebron and his colleagues snap up all the good Escalades with the best rims.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
whether or not they vote yes or no will depend on the actual details of the cap...everyone focuses on the cap but there is a lot more to it then what amount the cap is set at. there will be major pressure on the players to approve the deal, but i don't see them voting yes to an absolutely awful deal if they see the details and think its that bad.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
If the deal was that bad the bargaining unit wouldn't be sending it to a vote. That is, after all, where most of the hardliners are already.

The players will ratify the deal given to them. 100% guaranteed.

Master Shake*

Mr.Brownov said:
85% will vote NO.
They fire Goodenow.

If that happened the current offer would get worse. They are NOT getting a better offer then this.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I doubt that we'll hear if it was "__% Yes/No vote". Chances are, we'll just hear when they vote one way or another, and will probably be lucky to hear if it was a close vote or an easy vote.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Timmy said:
Publicly.

He also said they'd never accept a cap or linkage.

It's posturing, and the players are clearly still pissed at losing a season, and seem a little suprised that it went this far...

Besides, now that the NBA has wrapped up their CBA in four days, the players are anxious to get the CBA done and to get re-signed before Lebron and his colleagues snap up all the good Escalades with the best rims.
This is what I was getting at ..

Legace sounds off on union committee

''The whole thing is a farce,'' the Red Wings' union representative told the Booth Newspapers group on Wednesday. ''We basically sat out for nothing, wasted a lot of money for nothing. It makes no sense to me.''

Legace said he would support the union if they continued to take a strong stance.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=129256
Lets hope that Legace doesn't speak for the majority here ..

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
The Messenger said:
This is what I was getting at ..

Lets hope that Legace doesn't speak for the majority here ..

If he did, both sides wouldn't even be at the point of putting in 15 hour negotion sessions daily...they'd still be at the "philosophical differences" and "no further negotiations are planned at this time" stage of this love affair.

Ratification will not be an issue. The players are sick to death of this.

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
Personally I would love for this to be a open vote where all the fans could see how each individual player voted on CBA ratification, so to for the owners votes. Congressmen's voting records are available to the public, why not make these results available to the fans. Think everyone would like to see how their favorite and non-favorite players stand on the CBA.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Taranis_24 said:
Personally I would love for this to be a open vote where all the fans could see how each individual player voted on CBA ratification, so to for the owners votes. Congressmen's voting records are available to the public, why not make these results available to the fans. Think everyone would like to see how their favorite and non-favorite players stand on the CBA.

that should be done so the players can be outed for the greedy @$$es they truly are ... bets that Holik would decline to vote if his vote was made public along with Lapointe

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
It will easily pass, all the NHLPA will state is it was radified with an overwelming majority.

In my view 90% will vote "Yes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad