When Maxim Lapierre played for PEI...

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
...was he a ****disturber as he is currently in the NHL, or was he more of a scoring top 6 forward type?

(I just recenlty stumbled onto the fact he played junior for the Rocket.)

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
...was he a ****disturber as he is currently in the NHL, or was he more of a scoring top 6 forward type?

(I just recenlty stumbled onto the fact he played junior for the Rocket.)

He was a top 6 forward in junior but a ****disturber never the less. If I recall correctly , he was almost a PPG player with 100+ PIMs in his last two seasons in the Q. Played a hard nosed game but was skilled enough to put up points and contribute offensively as well.

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
He was a top 6 forward in junior but a ****disturber never the less. If I recall correctly , he was almost a PPG player with 100+ PIMs in his last two seasons in the Q. Played a hard nosed game but was skilled enough to put up points and contribute offensively as well.

Thanks.

By the way, were you around to see Alain Vigneault coach the Rocket?

If so, did most people in PEI think he was a good coach back then?

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Thanks.

By the way, were you around to see Alain Vigneault coach the Rocket?

If so, did most people in PEI think he was a good coach back then?

Yes, there was never a doubt that he wasn't a good coach. PEI was happy to have him for a couple of seasons , even though they were a very young team in his second season .He was already very experienced when he was with the Rocket , he had already won the Presidents Cup in Hull (87-88) and was a head coach in the NHL (Montreal 97-00). He had also an assistant coach for the Ottawa Senators (92-96) and had 8 years of head coaching experience in the Q. PEI was a mid career pit stop until he landed another pro gig. He won't be out of work long , I wouldn't be surprised to see him land in Dallas.

Last edited:

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
Yes, there was never a doubt that he wasn't a good coach. PEI was happy to have him for a couple of seasons , even though they were a very young team in his second season .He was already very experienced when he was with the Rocket , he had already won the Presidents Cup in Hull (87-88) and was a head coach in the NHL (Montreal 97-00). He had also an assistant coach for the Ottawa Senators (92-96) and had 8 years of head coaching experience in the Q. PEI was a mid career pit stop until he landed another pro gig. He won't be out of work long , I wouldn't be surprised to see him land in Dallas.

You've been very informative; thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad