When is Karl Alzner elligable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Plays for the Calgary Hitmen in the WHL and his birthdate is like sept 21st 1988 or something, if I remember the cutoff properly its the 15th which would make him elligable in 2007 is that correct?

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Alzner in 2007

I've heard some forwards mentioned that will be first round 2007 picks. Esposito and Hamill come to mind. Do you think Alzner will be the top defenseman?

Jessie Lumsden

Apr 7, 2005
No. I've watched every game he's played in Calgary and he will NOT be drafted in the first three rounds.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Jessie Lumsden said:
No. I've watched every game he's played in Calgary and he will NOT be drafted in the first three rounds.
I think he looks quite good, big and strong....

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
I went to the hitmen game last night and thought he was alright but wasnt overly impressed with him, didnt seem to have a great work ethic on that night. Ill see him a few more times this year since I live in Calgary but I thought Alex Plante who I believe is 07 eligable as well looked better.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
googled Alzner

Googled Alzner and there is a ton of info on him compared to Alex Grant, Thomas Hickey or Alex Plant. Also watched WHL archives and he is always working hard. Guess the scouts will have to make the comparisons.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
Eb0la11 said:
I went to the hitmen game last night and thought he was alright but wasnt overly impressed with him, didnt seem to have a great work ethic on that night. Ill see him a few more times this year since I live in Calgary but I thought Alex Plante who I believe is 07 eligable as well looked better.

wow not sure how you got that out of the moose jaw game. He played over twice the minutes Plante did and is showing offensive skills this year that he did not last. He is a safe 1st rounder who if he continues to progress will likely go top 15.
Plante is another stud defender for the Hitmen who will likely also be a 1st rounder in the 07 draft.

Last edited:

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Well, I wasnt really keeping track of ice time at all really. It was the first game I took in of the Hitmen so far this year so was moreless trying to enjoy it. Ive only been to the dome twice this year for live hockey so have just been enjoying it. Anyways, the only comparisons I made of the two was when I saw them make plays on the ice and I saw Plante make more plays that caught my eye than Alzner. Dont get me wrong, Im asking about Alzner cause hes on my radar for 07, thats why I asked about him. Anyways, it might be a good thing I saw more of Plante because that might say that Alzner was more solid with less miscues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->