Speculation: When Iggy and Kipper Are Gone

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
What happens when your best player and best goalie retire? I don't think any team would be a very good team....

Alas we can appreciate the development of Irving and Bartschi.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
The difference won't be as marked as one might think. If we were going from peak Iginla and Kipper to losing them, that would hurt. As it stands, maybe they drop a spot or two in the standings as a direct result.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
What happens when your best player and best goalie retire? I don't think any team would be a very good team....

As an oiler fan I would only compare it to trying to walk after having both legs cut off.

I have concerns about the flames drafting over the past 6 years and the fact the flames took more projects than prospects and drafted off the board more than they should have.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
As an oiler fan I would only compare it to trying to walk after having both legs cut off.

I have concerns about the flames drafting over the past 6 years and the fact the flames took more projects than prospects and drafted off the board more than they should have.

Besides Jankowski who else do you consider a project?

Under Sutter we've been known to take the safe picks and that got us no where. In our position where we will probably end up 9-12th place drafting safe gets us nowhere. We have a surplus of role players and we need immediate high end guys. If that means taking an occasional project so be it.

Last edited:
May 27, 2012
Earth

Worked out well for those two. :sarcasm:

I remember this thread. This when I found the Flames board.

edit: Also eating crow that the team wouldn't be good. Thank goodness I wasn't right.

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC

Laughed at the Irving and Bartschi comment. One is traded and the other one in Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad