When hockey returns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I'm in favor of some radical changes to the game when it returns. I'm an old time hockey fan but I see our sport fading fast. Just like in business if you don't change with the times you go out of business. I'm going to watch hockey when it comes back but for it to succeed it has to attrack more than the die hard fan. They need new blood runnung the NHL not the same good old boys that have run it into the ground. They need a marketing guru that can sell the game to the average sports fan. If the National Hockey league can't attrack more viewers than Poker there is a big problem!

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
The NHL reminds me of the show Big Fat Obnoxious Boss. The boss was looking for a guy who "can sell you a crap sandwich with a side of crap and a crapcicle for dessert." That's just what the NHL needs.

Or they could just try making sure the product isn't crap.

But they seem more intent on making it crappier.

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
i dont know about the game, but all in favour of banning over used phrases from this say i

1. philosophical differences
2. linkage
3. Glen Healy

feel free to ad to the list.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
SENSfreak_03 said:
i dont know about the game, but all in favour of banning over used phrases from this say i

1. philosophical differences
2. linkage
3. Glen Healy

feel free to ad to the list.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: Glen Healy :biglaugh: I actually laughed out loud

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
nyrmessier011 said:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: Glen Healy :biglaugh: I actually laughed out loud

I actually feel sorry for Glen Healy's kids right now......I bet they are getting their ass beat routinely on the playground because of his being a moron on a repeated basis.....

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
bigd said:
I'm in favor of some radical changes to the game when it returns. I'm an old time hockey fan but I see our sport fading fast. Just like in business if you don't change with the times you go out of business. I'm going to watch hockey when it comes back but for it to succeed it has to attrack more than the die hard fan. They need new blood runnung the NHL not the same good old boys that have run it into the ground. They need a marketing guru that can sell the game to the average sports fan. If the National Hockey league can't attrack more viewers than Poker there is a big problem!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the league needs to STOP trying to market to people who don't want to watch hockey, and get back to the fans who give a damn. Ain't never gonna be the NFL, the NBA college hoops or major league baseball. And I'm never gonna be a movie star. But, I'm loved. So was the NHL until it decided to develop an inferiority complex.

Luongownage

Kassian? #epicfail
Jan 20, 2005
Terrace, BC
Keep Crosby off the Leafs.
Never allow Glen Healy to be paid to offer opinions on hockey and be paid for it again.
Kill Jaques Lemaire
GET RID OF INSTIGATOR RULE
Banish Karmanos and Jacobs to the fifth layer of hell
Don't screw with the nets

Last edited:

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
In_Todd_we_trust said:
Keep Crosby off the Leafs.
Never allow Glen Healy to be paid to offer opinions on hockey and be paid for it again.
Kill Jaques Lemaire
BRING BACK INSTIGATOR RULE
Banish Karmanos and Jacobs to the fifth layer of hell
Don't screw with the nets

Just out of curiosity, do you mean GET RID of instigator rule?????

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
In_Todd_we_trust said:
Good point.....but you got the context of my post....

everyone has a stupid moment once in a while :D
especially you Baby J....especially you!

Anyways, I agree with you about some of the stuff....Instigator especially...but that's neither here nor there...that being said, Bring Back Bucky is hitting it square on the head....cator to those who ARE hockey fans, and not try to cator to all those who aren't, all the while basically alienating those who would KILL for the game

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
frankly... i don't really give a **** how well hockey does in the US market.

but maybe that's just me.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Injektilo said:
frankly... i don't really give a **** how well hockey does in the US market.

but maybe that's just me.
You should care because thats where the money comes from. Your lucky to have any teams left up there at all.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
bigd said:
When hockey returns...I never want to hear about the bull$hit of a CBA EVER again...for the fans, it's all been :madfire: :madfire:

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
bigd said:
You should care because thats where the money comes from. Your lucky to have any teams left up there at all.

uh huh... explain.

i'm just saying, i'm pretty indifferent as to how well some markets take to the game. Whether or not hockey becomes the biggest sport in nashville isn't gonna make me love or hate the game any more or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->