When Dubas is finally let go, would you want your org to hire him?

Would you want Dubas

• Total voters

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
giphy-downsized-large.gif

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
As a fan of the Leafs and another team, absolutely not.

Buddy was gifted 4 really good players when he arrived (Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly.. Tavares too if you wanna count that signing) and all he's done is instill a loser culture and fail to bring in proper depth around them. Each year the goaltending got worse and the middle/bottom 6 forwards have consistently been filled with soft "skill" players that you don't win with.

If you want to build a Doug Wilson style perennial loser thats a cap mess, Dubas is your guy. Actually now that I think about it that comparison is unfair to Wilson, his teams could actually win a round or two.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Interesting, this same poll was done in October and 60% said NO.

Same poll was done yesterday and 60% said YES.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Interesting, this same poll was done in October and 60% said NO.

Same poll was done yesterday and 60% said YES.

Is it really that interesting?

I recall when Tavares was a UFA and this forum insisted Leaf fans were delusional thinking he would sign here (because before that we said every player was coming home) there was a poll after the season of where he ranked in centers. He was firmly top 10 (8th if I recall).

About a month after the signing, with 0 games played since then, the same poll was done and he was voted around 15-20th.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Results are currently a resounding no.

However, now that the Leafs fired him - I expect them to be a resounding yes. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad