When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Say the fans of every rebuilding team since time immemorial.
Unless it's the Sens. Then it's we are here, we are great, we have 3 top pair defensemen and amazing depth at forward including Playoff stud who had never seen the playoffs ever Brady Tkachuck and then womp womp.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Not really seeing how the comparison to Ottawa fits.

I agree. I don't see OTT's rebuild similar to DET. I've asked for comparable rebuilds but everyone just wants to spew shit without providing any substance.

I mentioned Vancouver in terms of good drafting while not having any top 3 picks. I am thinking maybe Rangers but their drafting hasn't been as good as Detroit or Vancouver.

Seeing Vancouver move on to the 2nd round is inspiring to me because I can see Detroit do that in a few years as they've had similar success drafting. DRWs are 2 years behind Canuck's path.

And it's a known fact and everyone agrees in the hockey world that Yzerman is one of the top GMs in the league at trading. A big part of Vancouver's success is their trades. J.T. Miller and Hronek.

I don't think Yzerman has to give up the assets Vancouver gave up in trade because I think Yzerman's drafting and prospects are on course to be better. Edvinsson is going to be great. Nobody can dispute that. Wings just need to hit on just a few of ASP, Cossa, Danielson, Kasper. They don't need to hit on all of them, just a couple.

Best of all, that's not even asking anything of Mazur who looks like an animal, Johansson who would be an upgrade in Detroit's bottom paring right now, and Tuomisto who people are sleeping on.

Looking at Detroit's prospect pool, they have some really appealing trade chips. They have an abundance of trade depth. I think that might be what sets Detroit apart from a Vancouver or Rangers.

It is an exciting time to be a Detroit fan. I get why Yzerman is taking time developing his players, but it is a bit annoying because we all know some are ready to start making an impact right now. You have to respect Yzerman's patience. It just tells me ownership has full confidence and trust in the man. He is him.... HE IS HIM!

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

To be honest, I was looking for Czech prospects but found this funny. 14th out of 32 and no guaranteed superstars. Obviously, just one prospect pool guy and maybe he's a fool. Found it funny.

That guy does rankings only based on NHLe. 14th is pretty comparable to where Detroit was right before Moritz Seider and Lucas Raymond stepped in and both finished top 5 in Calder voting.

Another way to look at it is they are the 6th highest ranked Eastern conference team, ahead of most of the teams they're in direct competition with.

Playoffs would be progress.. especially in the East where the 3 teams ahead of you combined for a 2 and 12 record.

TB 1 and 4
Was 0 and 4
Isles 1 and 4

You were officially the best non playoff team.. so progress would be playoffs! Good luck.
Tampa, Winnipeg and LA combined for a 3 and 12 record. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Anyway it's funny seeing some of you shift expectations so drastically compared to a year ago. And people question if there's progress..

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Bader is a joke lol. He had some batshit insane take a couple years ago that I can't even remember, but from briefly trying to look for it, I'm guessing it had to do with Seider.

EDIT: He's got Detroit's goalie rank as #7... They have arguably two Top 10 goalie prospects in the world and the teams beating them out are:

1. Philly
2. Columbus
3. New Jersey
4. Toronto
5. Anaheim
6. Colorado

I get Anaheim because of Dostal. The rest... HUH?!

Last edited:

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I agree. I don't see OTT's rebuild similar to DET. I've asked for comparable rebuilds but everyone just wants to spew shit without providing any substance.

I mentioned Vancouver in terms of good drafting while not having any top 3 picks. I am thinking maybe Rangers but their drafting hasn't been as good as Detroit or Vancouver.

Seeing Vancouver move on to the 2nd round is inspiring to me because I can see Detroit do that in a few years as they've had similar success drafting. DRWs are 2 years behind Canuck's path.

And it's a known fact and everyone agrees in the hockey world that Yzerman is one of the top GMs in the league at trading. A big part of Vancouver's success is their trades. J.T. Miller and Hronek.

I don't think Yzerman has to give up the assets Vancouver gave up in trade because I think Yzerman's drafting and prospects are on course to be better. Edvinsson is going to be great. Nobody can dispute that. Wings just need to hit on just a few of ASP, Cossa, Danielson, Kasper. They don't need to hit on all of them, just a couple.

Best of all, that's not even asking anything of Mazur who looks like an animal, Johansson who would be an upgrade in Detroit's bottom paring right now, and Tuomisto who people are sleeping on.

Looking at Detroit's prospect pool, they have some really appealing trade chips. They have an abundance of trade depth. I think that might be what sets Detroit apart from a Vancouver or Rangers.

It is an exciting time to be a Detroit fan. I get why Yzerman is taking time developing his players, but it is a bit annoying because we all know some are ready to start making an impact right now. You have to respect Yzerman's patience. It just tells me ownership has full confidence and trust in the man. He is him.... HE IS HIM!
Re: bolded

"Yzerman is one of the top GMs in the league at trading"
"A big part of Vancouver's success is their trades. Hronek"

Cognitive dissonance much? Yzerman is the GM who traded Hronek to Vancouver...leading to Vancouver's success...

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Re: bolded

"Yzerman is one of the top GMs in the league at trading"
"A big part of Vancouver's success is their trades. Hronek"

Cognitive dissonance much? Yzerman is the GM who traded Hronek to Vancouver...leading to Vancouver's success...

Meanwhile the Vancouver fan base is currently trying to figure whether they should trade Hronek because of his apparent contract demands lol.

Reactions: Ezekial

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad