When can the Sens be tops in the Division?

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Maybe I am overly optimistic but if we can continue to maintain our winning % through the next two months then I think that in March is when we will see them overtake Montreal and it will come down to those 3 matches against them.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Offense if fine, I still think we need a top 4.

We wasted a few years waiting for that other top 4 D to emerge out of our organization.

It was supposed to be Cowen but injuries slowed him down. Maybe Wiercioch was going to be the one, he had a great season in 2013, similar numbers in 2013-14 but less efficient on D and just an awful 14-15 season. In both cases, Gonchar was their partner when they had good seasons. It was the right move to let Gonchar leave but it was wrong to think the two young defensemen were ready to be top 4’s in the NHL and we had to realize that neither of them could carry the 2nd pair role.

Ceci had flashes of being a legit top 4, I do believe he’s got the potential but I don’t think he’s one when playing with Phaneuf.

Are we going to wait for Chabot or Englund to be ready? I think we should make a move for a top 4 now and let the kids earn their spot when they're ready.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Not worried about being number 1, as it means nothing come playoff time. Yes, its nice getting home ice advantage, but it doesn't always guaranty anything. Either your good enough to move on, our your not, regardless.

Looking forward to making the Playoffs for a change...... :popcorn:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Not worried about being number 1, as it means nothing come playoff time. Yes, its nice getting home ice advantage, but it doesn't always guaranty anything. Either your good enough to move on, our your not, regardless.

Nice jinx post. :sarcasm:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

This.

Those teams that nearly kill themselves to make the top of the division/conference/league usually have nothing left in the tank when the playoffs hit.

The team is trending well so far. The focus now should be fine-tuning the system and staying (or getting) healthy.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Chabot should work into that Top 4 D. If MacArthur cannot, Can White be that Top 6 guy?

NO! Reliance on Noobs as held this team back. Once Noobs get gud they can play 4 us but no more Noobs on the NHL roster expected to pay in top6/4 in thier first year. Recipe for disaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad