Wheels falling off..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
The past 4 seasons with Lavi have resulted in us playing some outstanding hockey, easily our best ever. We've had times were we looked unstoppable. But in each season, something happens and the team seems to hit a wall or completely fall apart. We saw this during the regular season in Lavi's first 3 seasons.

Playoff wise, we've additionally seen a few cases where the team goes into a big playoff game and not only loses, but completely blown away in a short period of time, where it looks like everything just falls apart. Think San Jose game 7, a couple in the Penguins series, game 3 against Colorado etc. We see goalies breaking sticks, our best defensemen looking average (Josi, Weber vs San Jose, Subban the other night).

I know that every team has issues in the playoffs and for good reason. But I'm struggling to find out how the Preds can keep finding ways to screw up those games so badly. Coaching? Captains? The core group?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Only one team wins in the end of playoffs, so you could make this thread for the other 15 teams as well. Our team has been one of the most successful teams under Lavy. This is a brutal thread, imo.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I don't think it's the coaching. His move to bench Fiala in favor of Hartnell payed off after a lot of people criticized it. The fact is Winnipeg was second in the league behind us and they were only behind by three points. If they were in the East we'd most likely play them in the finals if both teams made it that far.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Lots of misunderstanding in this thread, but likely my fault. Not meant to be a they're completely done thread, but was more-so in the direction of how does the team manage to have some of those games that they've had, where they look like they just completely fall apart, usually in a single period. I'm referencing Pittsburgh finals games, San Jose game 7, Colorado game 3, etc. I know teams lose games & sometimes are blown out, but just seems to be an odd trend the past 4 seasons with team in big games. Just wondering thoughts on if its the core, leadership group, coaching, normal?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
How about Pittsburgh getting blown out in Game 3 in ECF and SCF last year? Both 5-1 on the road and they looked like absolute crap.

Point being, every team has these games along the road where they get blown out in a game. And we have played more playoff hockey than most teams in the last few years so naturally we have more of these.

In the playoffs it's only one loss, no matter whether you lose 6-0 or 2-1. It's about how you respond in the next game and I think we've done a great job at that.

Reactions: Jarnberg

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This is an example of tunnel vision where a fan of one team believes they have a problem that only applies to them, when in reality it happens to every team, they just aren't noticing it.

UglyDP

Jan 30, 2018
This is an example of tunnel vision where a fan of one team believes they have a problem that only applies to them, when in reality it happens to every team, they just aren't noticing it.
You are correct.
And
Saros needs to play from now on.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Saros is 26/26 now in shots, up over 60 minutes in his 3 relief appearances...

Not opposed to starting Saros but I don't think the 26/26 really means anything. By the time Rinne is pulled the game is already decided and the opponent lays off the gas. If Saros starts I'm guessing the Jets would come out and pepper him with as many shots as possible knowing they have a guy making his first playoff start in an elimination game on the road. That might not be pretty with our defense.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Not opposed to starting Saros but I don't think the 26/26 really means anything. By the time Rinne is pulled the game is already decided and the opponent lays off the gas. If Saros starts I'm guessing the Jets would come out and pepper him with as many shots as possible knowing they have a guy making his first playoff start in an elimination game on the road. That might not be pretty with our defense.
I dont know that its gonna be pretty with Rinne either.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I dont know that its gonna be pretty with Rinne either.

Agreed. Like I said I'm not opposed to starting Saros, just don't think it's going to be pretty either way unless we play like a bottom tier Premier League team that knows it's outmatched against a top 4 team and just defends and defends and then hopefully capitalizes on the couple of chances they get in transition and sneaks out with a win. That's basically how we're going to have to win game 6 and 7. Jets have too many skilled forwards and a good defense that negates a lot of our advantage and is hurt even more by our top 4 defenders playing like shit. Well I shouldn't say that. Subban and Ekholm have had moments, Josi and Ellis have been shit.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
It's weird, it's almost like it's a 1 out of 31 chance (probably lower) to win the cup in the NHL, but hey, good job on being smart and appearing after 82 games and calling it!

Yay for being right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->