Prospect Info: Wheeler believes Garand to play WHL, as Kamloops to host Memorial Cup

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Wheeler at Athletic followed up his skater ranking with goalies under 25 not established in NHL

Ranked Garand, no mention of Boyko or Ollas despite strong '21-22 seasons (nor Lindbom

7. Dylan Garand, G, 20 (New York Rangers — No. 103, 2020)
"Next year, in his final season in the WHL, he’ll get to backstop his Memorial Cup host Blazers."

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What? I think that is definitely a slip-up and he thinks he's a year younger, there is no way he goes back for an overage year in the WHL. He will be in the AHL likely splitting duties unless he takes over full time.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think he goes back too. Go back, try to win in Kamloops, play world juniors have a year of it. It will delay his pay day here as well until we figure out what to do with Shesterkin after his deal expires. He could be walking into this team as a #1 on a entry level deal when Shesterkin starts looking for the big bucks.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
What? I think that is definitely a slip-up and he thinks he's a year younger, there is no way he goes back for an overage year in the WHL. He will be in the AHL likely splitting duties unless he takes over full time.

I think he goes back too. Go back, try to win in Kamloops, play world juniors have a year of it. It will delay his pay day here as well until we figure out what to do with Shesterkin after his deal expires. He could be walking into this team as a #1 on a entry level deal when Shesterkin starts looking for the big bucks.
My confidence in Wheeler's certainty, and TCG's, are about equal.
We've all expected Garand w Pack, but since the Kamloops Memorial Cup news, i"d been wondering

We'll know at Training Camp

Re WJC, Garand will play in delayed one re-starting shortly, but i believe is aged out of the year-end '23 tourney

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I see a 50/50 shot at this happening with Igor too. Which is why I was pushing hard for Wallstedt in the draft. But Othmann may prove to be a smart pick as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad