GDT: WHC day 4: Sweden France, Canada Denmark

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Playing with OEL seems to have given him a boatload of confidence
Yes, he is looking real good. Or was, then France started talking penalty after penalty and since he is not on either of the PP units he has obviously been a bit invisible after that good start.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Could be that, could be just in a better place mentally. He had a hell of year for anyone.

Edit: I'm sure the Oilers did all the could to support Larsson, but being around countrymen might be making easier for him.
OEL lost his mom a year or so ago so I he knows exactly what Larsson was going thru.

They seem to have some chemistry too, might of bonded due to the situations.

Reactions: Aerrol

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
OEL lost his mom a year or so ago so I he knows exactly what Larsson was going thru.

They seem to have some chemistry too, might of bonded due to the situations.

OEL already knew what to expect from Larsson and likes playing with him. They played together in the World Juniors and other tournaments in the past, so they know each other well. OEL commented specifically on this in an interview a week ago or something.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Have to think playing hockey for the love of the game is a bit easier than playing as a job on a crappy team.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Despite not playing much Larsson is a force!
Love it!

Edit: Got to add though that it is France they're facing. Not really quality opposition. Will be interesting to see them vs Switzerland, Slovakia and especially Russia.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Did you guys see the Larsson hit? It was a monster hit, but he might get suspended for it

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I'd love OEL as an Oiler. Maybe Larsson convinces him.
They are definitely budding up on the bench, laughing at the French being pissed off at Larsson.

Larsson also jumped the French guy pulling down OEL earlier. I guess he always does that though, but still, I am trying to see (imagine) a connection there... To bad OEL isn't from the north in Swe, he is from the south so weather conditions could be a consideration (which it isn't for the Larsson's of the world, he's a wildling from beyond the wall)

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
They are definitely budding up on the bench, laughing at the French being pissed off at Larsson.

Larsson also jumped the French guy pulling down OEL earlier. I guess he always does that though, but still, I am trying to see (imagine) a connection there... To bad OEL isn't from the north in Swe, he is from the south so weather conditions could be a consideration (which it isn't for the Larsson's of the world, he's a wildling from beyond the wall)

Sweden is a part of Game of Thrones? :sarcasm:

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Did you guys see the Larsson hit? It was a monster hit, but he might get suspended for it
Better get it over with now then. Next couple of games aren't that important.

You're right though, and he knew it, you could see him stopping up afterwards. I would say keep your head up but with the rules in the NHL it doesn't really matter anymore (not sure IIHF has the same rule book though).

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Elias Pettersson with a great 1st goal of the tournament. Vancouver prospect but still I am happy for him, huge expectations in this tournament with nothing to show for it so far.

Still smallish though, he definitely needs to build up body strenght.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I gotta say that I enjoyed that game, which I did not expect...

France were good, a lot of fight in them. Feisty game after the Larsson hit. It lit a fire in them which they should try to remember. If they play like this vs many of the other teams they'll win some games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->