What's your Goaltending for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Trade Faulk, Skinner, and Staal, go into next season with Darling/Nedeljkovic, and get the top picks we need.

I guess your assuming Darling works things out? Otherwise that sounds like a disaster. Ward/Nedeljkovic maybe.

Edit: NVM, sounds like you're suggesting a partial rebuild, which also sounds like another missed playoff. That's what makes this tough. Joe blow GM+Dundon are going to have a tough time turning this ship around.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
We could trade Darling + for Raanta now, see how Raanta give him the chance to play for us, then extend him if it works out. If he pushes us into the playoffs (lol), we ride Ward for the first round.

If you are Arizona, what "+" makes this trade appealing enough to take on Darling...and move someone who they probably view as a near term acceptable starter?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I have to question possession metrics when they show Derek Ryan to be a quality NHL forward.

Ryan plays a 3rd of his time with Skinner, who is a shot generating machine, and starts nearly 60% of the time in the offensive zone.

And the sad part is, Rask manages to be even more sheltered than Ryan.

That's part of why the 'Canes suck at holding leads.They have exactly one center the coach is comfortable putting out there to play defense. TBF to Francis, Kruger was advertised as such and bombed miserably.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Do we have any realistic shot of landing Holtby? It looks like he has a 7 team NTC, so there's one obstacle. Then, would Washington even consider trading him within the division? I'm hoping Grubauer takes the reigns for good and would shit myself if we could bring Holtby in, even for the massive overpayment the Caps would probably ask from us.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Do we have any realistic shot of landing Holtby? It looks like he has a 7 team NTC, so there's one obstacle. Then, would Washington even consider trading him within the division? I'm hoping Grubauer takes the reigns for good and would **** myself if we could bring Holtby in, even for the massive overpayment the Caps would probably ask from us.
I wonder if took on one of their cap dumps since they need the space like say Orpik it could lower the price a bit.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Holtby is a fine goalie. He's won the Vezina. He's been an all star. But I don't view him as an elite G. He's fine, but overrated IMO.

In a world where the Caps put him on the block and he becomes a Cane, and he plays behind the type of team and scheme currently in place, I would expect disappointment.

Anyways, the only way the Caps would trade him in division is either a) Massive over-payment b) they think he's overrated/on the decline (sort of like the Eagles trading McNabb to the Redskins).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad