Whats with the love/hate for Schremp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

It seems like Schremp is one of the most controversial prospects on this board. It seems like people either love him or hate him, I've only seen him play a few times. Can't say I was blown away but perhaps those who have seen him play alot can answer the question. I've heard the things about his attitude, but never any specific examples does anyone know why he gets the bad wrap?

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
The whole attitude thing is over and done with. He's proven that with his great season last year. Sure, his confidence may make him seem cocky, but it worked okay with guys like Kovalchuk.

Right now his biggest knock on him is his skating. His defense has improved but no one will mistake him for Mike Peca, but it doesn't matter cause the Oilers will count on him to be an offensive dynamo and PP guy.

Boilers*

RallyKiller said:
It seems like Schremp is one of the most controversial prospects on this board. It seems like people either love him or hate him, I've only seen him play a few times. Can't say I was blown away but perhaps those who have seen him play alot can answer the question. I've heard the things about his attitude, but never any specific examples does anyone know why he gets the bad wrap?

People thought he wanted to get traded from his team because the coach refused to put him in the Playoff game. He didn't get traded and his defensive game turned around. He's a very honest player that says what's on his mind. When most hockey players put out the standard quotes he stands out like a breath of fresh air. The media has a field day with guys like this. I like when a young prospect is cocky because you just know he's going to be harder on himself when he does mess up. :clap:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
As an Oiler fan I like everything about his game that I saw by the Memorial Cup, IMO the area that could propel him even higher would be if he could add a little more speed. Even his speed improved between the WJC's and the Memorial Cup. He has made big strides the whole year, and he has the work ethic and skills to only get better.

Entrancemperium

Jul 30, 2005
USC Trojans said:
The whole attitude thing is over and done with. He's proven that with his great season last year. Sure, his confidence may make him seem cocky, but it worked okay with guys like Kovalchuk.

Right now his biggest knock on him is his skating. His defense has improved but no one will mistake him for Mike Peca, but it doesn't matter cause the Oilers will count on him to be an offensive dynamo and PP guy.

Yeah a little cockiness is good but then there's always Daigle am I right?

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Vinland said:
Lots of skill, questionable family and attitude and can't skate and is very very average defensively.
That is a guy people love or hate.

What are the family issues? I've met his dad and he was an extremely nice person.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Asking to be traded from your team and having Don Cherry blast you on coaches corner are 2 good ways to get people to dislike you.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I think Don Cherry had said some things about a highlight reel goal that Schremp scored at the Prospects game. It took some prodding from Ron MacLean, but I'm sure it was Schremp that he was talking about.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Below average skating, below average defensive play and average EV production are the biggest reasons people are little skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad