What's up with this guy? (One of the Wild rookies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Adam Courchaine fell to the 7th round. I know he is small at 5'10" and is a long shot to make it to the NHL but why not take a gamble on a guy like this...I heard both his skating is attrocious but then it could be worked on. So what's the story with this guy?

I just posted his record today:

Adam Couchraine (Vancouver Giants) (C)
Playoffs: 10 GP, 10 Points (4 goals, 6 assists), 6 PIMs, +3
Season: 70 GP 82 Points (39 Goals 43 Assists), 34 PIMs, +5

Why is Dawes better than Courchaine?

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
Adam Courchaine fell to the 7th round. I know he is small at 5'10" and is a long shot to make it to the NHL but why not take a gamble on a guy like this...I heard both his skating is attrocious but then it could be worked on. So what's the story with this guy?

To me Courchaine looks line a classic junior scorer. He can dominate at the junior level but likely won't translate that to the next level. He just doesn't have any skills that would set him apart at the pro level.

leafaholix*

He's small and really can't skate that well.

Dawes is a better skater... much better.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
thestonedkoala said:

I've seen Courchaine about 20 times this year. Hes a great player, but isn't strong enough to compete at a high level.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
I've only had the opportunity to see Courchaine play once this season, but to me he looked fairly solid.

Like previously mentioned, he isn't the fastest of skaters, but I dont think he's horrible out there on the ice either, and skating can always be worked on.

The Giants Director of Broadcasting seemed to think that Courchaine was a good skater, and one of the faster ones in the league. While I wouldn't agree with him on that, I think that Courchaine's future problem will lie with how much strength he can add to his small frame.

Here's an interview I conducted with Adam back in January.

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6584

thestonedkoala

Thanks Vicker...

I was wondering about his skating. One of the guys I tlaked to about Courchaine mentioned his skating could be worked on and I was kind of curious about that. Wild usually don't take players that aren't really good skaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad