What's the worst word/saying on this site

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.
Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Ricky is that you? Beauty is in the eye when you hold her.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
People trying to use the term/concept Confirmation Bias always drove me nuts.

I can only assume that one user had just learned about it in school and applied it to a discussion on HF, then someone linked the Wiki page about it, and then for a while all people said when you got into a discussion was, "This is pure confirmation bias..." rather than engaging in any sort of discussion or debate.

I don't know if it spread to all of HF, but for a while it made the Sens forum almost unreadable.

I haven't seen it used as much, so hopefully I haven't kick started it.

I'm now wondering if I am going to regret posting this....

I know that the Marlies GM Kyle Dubas talked a lot about this when evaluating players. I think the short long of it was if you like a player, you will only see the good and vice versa. It's a real thing of course that doesn't just affect hockey. It can be applied to just about anything.

The biggest problem I have with using it here is that this is an online hockey forum, it's all confirmation bias. Almost everyone here bases an opinion about players based on small samples.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Auston Matthews or Toronto Maple Leafs. Even I hate seeing it now lol

C Plus

Jun 6, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
"Generational" by far.

"Is so and so generational?" will always lead to a great debate considering it is just a buzzword that got popular and has no clear definition.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Auston Matthews or Toronto Maple Leafs. Even I hate seeing it now lol
Weren't you the one who made the thread comparing him to McDavid like three days ago?

Actually, I hate reading people who complain about the number of threads about a specific topic/team. Like the amount of bandwidth HF uses somehow affects them.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Weren't you the one who made the thread comparing him to McDavid like three days ago?

Actually, I hate reading people who complain about the number of threads about a specific topic/team. Like the amount of bandwidth HF uses somehow affects them.

I actually was not trying to compare them, but It did get out of hand yes, mistake on me with that one.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
seems to me that while there are a few favourites (like generational), just about every phrase is bound to piss someone off. even some of them that are common ohrases outside of hockey.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Plan The Parade? Not insulting, I just feel bad for people using material from 1985.

nnynetpotato

Sep 9, 2008
This has been a generational thread with a high compete level AINEC.
Anybody who gets salty about this thread meeting the eye test is a hater who doesn't get that advanced stats show that all today's players would be elite in the dead puck era.

Reactions: FrozenJagrt

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Fire sale

I don’t think people who use it know that it means to clear all of your assets by selling low. You can tell how they get so angry at all of the lowball offers they get. Then don’t offer up a Fire sale.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Ceiling/Floor

It just seems to imply KNOWING about a players progression, when you don't know. What was Datsyuk or Kucherov's ceiling when drafted?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad