what's the most memorable speech or quote..

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
For a one liner, Herb Brooks speech prior to the game was pretty fantastic:

"Lose this one and you'll take it to your ***ing graves; YOUR ****ING GRAVES!"

The Disneyfication was nice and warm and fuzzy but totally inaccurate. When they announced a movie about Herb and I saw it was rated G, I had to wonder how they were going to pull that off. As a youngster my dad and I had a deal when we went to the Met Center for North Stars games. I didn't repeat anything to my mother that I heard Brooks yelling at the games and he would buy me a souvenir.
That was a great quote. I thought of it as soon as I saw this thread. However, the quote was prior to the February 24, 1980 game against Finland, not the February 20 game against the Soviet Union.

The United States had to win that game against Finland to clinch the Gold. Teams carried the game against the other advancing team from the same bracket into the Medal Round where the teams play the two teams from the other bracket.

After the games on Feb. 20, the standings looked like this:

TEAM | W | L | T | PTS | GF | GA
USA|1|0|1| 3 |6|5
URS|1|1|0| 2 |7|7
SWE|0|0|2| 2 |5|5
FIN|0|1|1| 1 |5|7

If the U.S. lost to Finland, they could have gotten a Bronze or even nothing.

Also, the movie Miracle is rated PG.

MacDaddy TLC*

"The Rangers."

Rangers goalie Gump Worsley when asked which team gives him the most trouble.

"Chickens make a contribution, but a pig makes a sacrifice."

--Fred Shero comparing playing for a hockey team to a eggs and bacon breakfast.

shimy1221*

"I can't here jerermy, i have my two stanley cup rings plugging my ears"
patrick roy

LVIsles*

Al Arbour, after the Isles were down 0-3 to the Penguins in the 1st round in 75, Arbour said at practice the next day "Anyone who doesnt think we can win the series, get off the ice, pack your stuff and I never want to see you again" Isles went on to to win the next 4 :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->