What's the difference? Malkin and Ovechkin by the numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Latin*

flyers guy said:
There were rumors of him (and his club team) using performance enhancing drugs last year before the WJC.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that he takes bribes from prospective agents.

Suffice to say, the great Crosby would never do such a thing, or wear red pants.

S L

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
flyers guy said:
There were rumors of him (and his club team) using performance enhancing drugs last year before the WJC.
They weren't performance enhancing drugs. They were ADD drugs.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Just one thing to say about the whole Rob Schremp thing..... any time you get the most talented kid in North America in a draft, to instantly proclaim him incapable of being a super-star is ignorant.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
HokEGoalie said:
Hmmmmmmm the point our biased friend Evilo was trying to make is that at the same age, Malkin is "outproducing" Ovechkin. The numbers, in fact are true. What Evilo cannot swallow is the fact that at 18, Ovechkin was not getting the same icetime Malkin is getting now. He also does not want to admit that at 18, Malkin has better linemates than Ovechkin had last year. Truth be told, if Evilo wasnt known as such a homer, his post could have SOME credibility.
:lol:
1/ Malkin is playing on the third line.
2/ Malkin is playing with guys like Valery Karpov.

Now what did you say about your credibility thing...?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
SwOOsh said:
Trying to compare the two from two different seasons with the lockout effect (can be argued as positive or negative to either one) and not knowing the number of minutes played and most of all not making are judgements from watching them play makes it a very "hypothetical" comparison. A better indication should be the WJC this year in which both will be in the same situation, and one in which we can all watch (well most of us ;) )

All very true, but it is still noteworthy that Malkin is 16th in scoring this year in spite of all the NHLers whereas Ovechkin was 60th+ last year. On a bright note for Ovechkin he is 8th in scoring so far this year, also in spite of all the NHLers.

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
Evilo said:
I don't make a lot of sense?
You should avoid personnal attacks when you feel you're in a bad position.

Personal attack?

Wow.

You say I give stats when they suit me, but it seems Fleury's amazing stats to start the season don't suit you much, huh? Nor do that great stats he put in the Q, which you judged "average".

I never said they don't suit me. I'll recognize them. However, you absolutely refused to acknowledge his piss poor end to his NHL season, as well as his very subpar Q playoffs.

You'll sweep those under the rug quicker than a blink, or fire off every excuse.

Yet, when someone does the same thing, you are all over them for their excuses.

If you are going to use stats, use all the stats... either that or recognize that if your positive stats can tell a story, so can someone else's negative ones... or vice-versa.

Don't just write them off by coming up with excuses, as there are excuses on both sides.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think it's finding an excuse to point out that Pittsburgh was an awful team and that Fleury clearly was tired from the NHL rythm, especially behind such a D.
I don't think it's finding an excuse either to point out that CB AS A TEAM was awful in the Q playoffs.
These are facts.

mackdogs*

Seeing Shawn Horcoff's numbers in the SEL this year show that he is obviously who should be getting all the non-NHL hype. Horcoff > AO + EM

Steve Latin*

mackdogs said:
Seeing Shawn Horcoff's numbers in the SEL this year show that he is obviously who should be getting all the non-NHL hype. Horcoff > AO + EM

Pavel Rosa = GOD

S L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad