Speculation: What's Ronnie up to?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
There's a few reasons why the Canes would buy him out now as opposed to a year later:

1. They have somebody from this FA they want to target and need some space to attempt to grab him. Might explain the Jeff Skinner rumors at the draft as well.

2. The wrist injury from last year was more serious and long-term than most would think and the odds that Semin lived up to his contract in any meaningful way was slim.

3. His issues in the lockerroom/the coach were more serious than many believed and there was no way the team could have that hovering over them for another year.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Certainly some big holes to fill now in the top 6...

???-E Staal-Lindholm
Skinner-J Staal-????
Nestrasil-Rask-???
Gerbe-McClement-Malone

With Terry for sure filling out one of the ???s on a one way deal, we now need at least 2 top 9 fwds. I'd hope to think this now takes Skinner's name out of any trade talks.

Guess we'll be a little bit more active tomorrow than originally planned...

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Eric//Jordan//PAP
Skinner//Lindholm//Nestrasil
Gerbe//Rask//Stålberg
Malone//McClemment//Terry

Sekera//Faulk
Hanifin//Wiz
Murphy//Liles

Ward
Läck

maybe switch viktor and andrej?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Certainly some big holes to fill now in the top 6...

???-E Staal-Lindholm
Skinner-J Staal-????
Nestrasil-Rask-???
Gerbe-McClement-Malone

With Terry for sure filling out one of the ???s on a one way deal, we now need at least 2 top 9 fwds. I'd hope to think this now takes Skinner's name out of any trade talks.

Guess we'll be a little bit more active tomorrow than originally planned...

dont worry once they trade skinner as well, they can put j staal on the first line and roll 3 4th lines

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
1398716994000-ron-francis-4-28-today.jpg

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Really sad to think we have no fwd prospects close to being NHL ready. I suppose Brock McGinn's offseason training regimen just went into high gear...:sarcasm:

Hopefully, the 2 1sts next year will alleviate our dearth of scoring prospects...

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Ways this is okay:

-Downie at 1.8m
-PAP at 2m
-Nash at 600K

Staal - Staal - PAP
Skinner - Rask - Lindholm
Gerbe - Nash - Nestrasil
Malone - McClement - Downie

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Only names that pop out to me on the UFA lists that would probably come cheap are PAP, Hodgson, maybe Ribeiro or Chris Stewart...

Tlusty signing predicted at 12:01pm tomorrow...

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I hope we don't sign Sekera to top pair money. I'm still thinking 13-14 was an aberration. A good dman, but what we saw last year isn't something I'd want locked up for a long time at 6m+.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Stafford and Frolik seem like possible RW targets. But not solutions to the top 6.

Nothing but okay 3rd liners available...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad