Whats Frolik's career potential and Nhl comparsion ?

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Patrik Elias and Jaromir Jagr are two extremely different players, I guess there are a lot of conflicting reports.
IMO he's not like Jagr at all. Frolik, at least at this lesser level, is good defensively while bringing his offensive skill. The thing that reminds me most of Elias is his transitional game and neutral zone play. He's pretty smart with passes at both blue lines and can also skate the puck up ice himself.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
The only thing Frolik has in common with Jagr is a homeland. Their playing styles do not compare in any way.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Markus Naslund maybe. Shorter version of Jagr.

He does not have the vision, strength, puck handling skills, awareness or the puck protection skills of Jagr.

He is a poor man's version Martin Straka, but I don't ever see him developing the touch around the net that Straka has.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He does not have the vision, strength, puck handling skills, awareness or the puck protection skills of Jagr.

He is a poor man's version Martin Straka, but I don't ever see him developing the touch around the net that Straka has.

He doesn't have the courage and absolute will that Straka has.

Then again, not many people in hockey do.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He doesn't have the courage and absolute will that Straka has.

Then again, not many people in hockey do.
Thats something that Straka gained as a must to stay in the league. After about 6 seasons and almost as many teams Straka found that game as a last resort. Frolik doesn't really remind me of Straka either maybe more Sykora or a Penguins version of Naslund. I think that Elias is his high end but he has a way to go to reach that.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
hes got alot of skill, and protects the puck well, but he will not be in jagrs range. I think of him as a poorman's jagr (similar skillset, just not on the same level) He could hit 70-80 pts in his career.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Frolik can't even dominate the Q like Jagr can the NHL... He's nowhere near that level and never will be.

Whatever, look at his numbers and how he's been one of the games 3 stars in nearly every game the second half. No one is saying he'll be elite like Jagr but following a similar path to Radulov wouldn't be all that surprising if he's in the Q again next year and I'd say Radulov dominated the Q pretty well.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Frolik can't even dominate the Q like Jagr can the NHL... He's nowhere near that level and never will be.

Frolik has played extremely well on an awful team team in the Q. I'd expect an offensive explosion next year. Frolik will never be as good as Jagr, and i don't think anyone thinks he ever will be. Frolik will be awesome in his own right, and is very much the underated guy from 06 so far.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
He's 40th in scoring in the Q. As an 18 year old, that is far from dominating. He is on a bad team and he has had injury problems, but it's certainly not like he is doing anything better than expected. I'm sure a lot of people expected, or were at least hoping for, a lot more.

Sixty-nine points (29 goals) in 50 games for an 18 year old is nothing to behold. When you include the aggrivating factors I have already mentioned (injuries and poor team) it would be a good season for a 17 year old or a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, but for an 18 year old first rounder, it's nothing special. Look at a guy like Sheppard - those are the average numbers expected of a mid-first rounder as an 18 year old. He has also missed nearly as many games as Frolik. His team is much better, but on an individual level, you still want to see a guy like Frolik produce way more against this level of competition.

Certainly not dominating. And certainly not numbers you would expect from a future offensive force in the NHL.

Straka minus the top end offensive skills is my top projection, if he makes it.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He's 40th in scoring in the Q. As an 18 year old, that is far from dominating. He is on a bad team and he has had injury problems, but it's certainly not like he is doing anything better than expectated. I'm sure a lot of people expected, or were at least hoping for, a lot more.

Sixty-nine points (29 goals) in 50 games for an 18 year old is nothing to behold. When you include the aggrivating factors I have already mentioned (injuries and poor team) it would be a good season for a 17 year old or a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, but for an 18 year old first rounder, it's nothing special. Look at a guy like Sheppard - those are the average numbers expected of a mid-first rounder as an 18 year old. He has also missed nearly as many games as Frolik. His team is much better, but on an individual level, you still want to see a guy like Frolik produce way more against this level of competition.

Certainly not dominating. And certainly not numbers you would expect from a future offensive force in the NHL.

Straka minus the top end offensive skills is my top projection, if he makes it.

Seriously. The way these Florida fans are talking makes you think he has 150 points. :shakehead

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Seriously. The way these Florida fans are talking makes you think he has 150 points. :shakehead

He's also adjusting to a new culture and is playing hockey outside of his home country for the first time.

For comparison sake, Alexander Radulov had 75 points in 65 games in his first season in the Q after being drafted in the 1st round. Noticeably off-pace of the 65 points in 50 games that Frolik has put up this season.

Of course, Radulov ended up exploding the next year and is now regarded as one of the premier young offensive players in the NHL. So, I'd wait a year before making any solid judgements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad